The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-30-2022, 04:23 PM

Default Takamine 135 nylon

I'm wondering if anyone out there has this guitar. I'm looking for a 'fusion' nylon. I understand this has the slightly narrower nut. But not a radiused neck- is that true?
Also, I'm wondering if the neck is chunky (I need that) and the frets are larger.

Just having a hard time finding out any solid information on the internet, even on the Taki website. I know about the tube preamp of course. Thanks very much. It is between this and a Multiac which I believe does have the radiused neck, larger frets, chunkier neck.

Any information/opinions much appreciated!
Old 05-30-2022, 05:16 PM
Charter Member

Hi Dory,

I had one of these Takamine 135 nylon string guitars at one time, many years ago, but got rid of it. I traded it for a Taylor nylon string guitar, which I thought sounded better. I don't have that Taylor guitar anymore, either.

I'm sorry to say that I don't remember anything about the neck or nut width. In those days I was not very aware of these types of measurements.

- Glenn
Old 05-30-2022, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glennwillow View Post
Hi Dory,

I had one of these Takamine 135 nylon string guitars at one time, many years ago, but got rid of it. I traded it for a Taylor nylon string guitar, which I thought sounded better. I don't have that Taylor guitar anymore, either.

I'm sorry to say that I don't remember anything about the neck or nut width. In those days I was not very aware of these types of measurements.

- Glenn
Thanks Glenn. I always look forward to your music. I've got a Taylor 712 steel now, and though Taylor might be the way to go, wanted something different. Much appreciated!
Old 05-30-2022, 06:04 PM
Charter Member

I think the Eagles used that model Takamine for their opening acoustic version of "Hotel California," though I am not positive. Don Felder and Joe Walsh started the performance playing, I think, these nylon-string Takamines. Don Felder, in particular, sounded really good playing this guitar, so it can be made to sound good.

I am just not a very good nylon string player, and so I have never been able to draw out the best sounds from nylon-string guitars unless it's super responsive. Today I have a Cervantes Crossover 1, which is a very nice sounding guitar (also, expensive) and works well for me. This is an example, below...

- Glenn
Old 05-30-2022, 06:08 PM

Quote:

- Glenn
Sorry to go off topic but just wanted to say what a cracking performance Glenn. One of the best I have heard from you.

Old 05-30-2022, 06:10 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxo View Post
Sorry to go off topic but just wanted to say what a cracking performance Glenn. One of the best I have heard from you.
Thank you Neil!

It's such a great song, I have to give Paul McCartney all the credit here!

- Glenn
Old 05-30-2022, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Thank you Neil!

It's such a great song, I have to give Paul McCartney all the credit here!

- Glenn
Great singing and playing Glenn! Thanks for that. Wow, those Taki's sound great with the Eagles. I liked that version.
Old 05-30-2022, 06:58 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoryDavis View Post
Great singing and playing Glenn! Thanks for that. Wow, those Taki's sound great with the Eagles. I liked that version.
Yes, that is my favorite version of "Hotel California," that acoustic version from their "Hell Freezes Over" concert. I know others love the electric version, too, but this one for me is so very cool!

- Glenn

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion