The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-30-2022, 07:29 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Bard Rocks View Post
There's little question that it will bring happiness - at first. But enduring happiness? Maybe. Maybe not.
Enduring happiness is not something that can be had in life. That myth is something that is also sold.

Follow The Yellow Brick Road
Old 05-30-2022, 08:31 AM
Charter Member

Location: North of the Golden Gate, South of the Redwoods, East of the Pacific and West of the Sierras
Default Necessity or Desire: Is your best guitar holding you back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kh1967 View Post
For me, it is largely exploration and curiosity. I am not someone who can play a guitar for 30 minutes in a shop and know if it is a keeper for me - that takes months for me to figure it out. That said, if it is dead wrong, I can figure that out in 3 minutes.

And, neck profiles…that has been a struggle for a bit with a hand injury, but feel I am coming out the other side.

This is true for me as well. It can take a few months for me to see if a I can settle in with a particular guitar. Glad to hear that you are getting through the injury.
Best,
Jayne
Old 05-30-2022, 10:49 AM
Charter Member

Necessity or Desire: Is your best guitar holding you back?

Even my least expensive guitar was not holding me back. I bought more than one guitar because I wanted the experience of having many different guitar tones and characteristics.

I have enjoyed the journey.

- Glenn

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion