The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 05-23-2022, 05:41 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellHawaii View Post
Thank you. I’m glad she thrived despite that!
I once saw Joan Baez perform on the steps of San Francisco city hall (or similar building) at a demonstration, circa 1978. There was no PA or microphone at all! She sang with (I assume) that little Martin of hers and her very powerful voice, unamplified, carried across a crowd of thousands. That’s real acoustic power!
I never saw anyone else do this successfully.
I went to a Jeff Tweedy solo show several years ago, and he ended the show with a version of "Acuff Rose" with no mic or amplification. I was fortunate to be near the front and had my iPhone out, so I captured the moment. Really cool and intimate ending to his show.
Old 05-28-2022, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watchman View Post
SO, why isn't the inside finished in varnish, shellac, lacquer, etc.? Wouldn't this would reduce the impact of humidity changes, for example?
My guess ,because it just doesn’t matter,otherwise all guitars would be varnished internally wouldn’t they.
Old 05-29-2022, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watchman View Post
SO, why isn't the inside finished in varnish, shellac, lacquer, etc.? Wouldn't this would reduce the impact of humidity changes, for example?
It *does* occur occasionally. At least a Yamaha classic that I have is lacquered inside. Supposedly, of the reason you mention. Might there be any other?

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion