The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-15-2010, 08:49 AM

Default anyone own a 410ce?

Anyone else own one? What are your thoughts on it? Also is there a reason I cant post in the bst forum lol? I'm new to the forum.
Old 12-15-2010, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1stunna View Post
Anyone else own one? What are your thoughts on it? Also is there a reason I cant post in the bst forum lol? I'm new to the forum.
Owned a 410 before. Think its a standard taylor guitar, Ovangkol wasnt my cup of tea so I moved on to rosewood after that. the 310 (mahogany) was great though for both fingerstyle and strumming.

By BST do you mean buy sell trade forum? If that's what you mean, you have to be a charter member to post there (=
Old 12-15-2010, 01:19 PM

Welcome to the forum!

I have never been a big fan of "the dred" ...I am one of those that like Martins when others played em, but never saw myself owning one.

I then fell into a Taylor 210 ...good guitar and liked it well enough, but just not "me."

I lucked into a lovely 410ce (here on this forum ...now go and make some friends ). Bam! I dig this guitar, which is particularly noteworty for me considering I was not ever, nor do I consider myself now, a "dred guy." For me, my 410 has the "right" amount of bottom for a dred that is deep, authoritive, but not the boomy bass which I, um, dred , but is more mids-focused and "vocal." My 410 also has that signature Taylor crisp top end that is bright, clear, but has more "thickness" to the trebles that my GA doesn't have. It has become the dred cliche, but it's true: these guitars have power. Strum of pick, they have powerful tone.

I have played only a handful of other Taylor dreds for moments here and there so can't offer much by way of comparison. But I can tell you my 410 is a great guitar that I would have never even considered, but am so glad now that I gave it a try.

Edward
Old 12-15-2010, 03:33 PM

I have a 2003 410ce and also an '88 710, the 410 is a good guitar but personally I do not care for the sound, I really enjoy the 710 but the sound of the 410 is just not for me. Of course every one has different tastes in music and guitars, plugged in it sounds fantastic but without the amp it just doesn't sound right to me. But as I said thats my opinion.
Woody
Ham Radio Op.
Vietnam Vet 69-70

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion