The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-07-2010, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD18JBGuy View Post
I have had a wonderful experience with Jon at MFG. Great guy, great prices.

They also have a great return policy.
Great return policy? if 48 hours and I pay all shipping is great than my local GC's 30 day return policy is down right amazing. And yes, they will match or beat Jon's prices. Worst part of this "great return policy" is Jon gives you no time to inspect used guitars which is where I HAVE to have an inspection period. Great return policy? Not!
Old 02-07-2010, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaurysMusic View Post
The comment about pricing is correct. Martin dealers are not allowed to reveal their actual prices on regular production Martin guitars, so you'll find MAP everywhere you look (if that dealer is following the rules). Customs are a different story ... we're allowed to advertise any price we want when it comes to customs. HTH
I see Jon's number one competition had to jump in this thread. As long as your discussing rules Maury, I see that every Blueridge on your site is listed below MAP and that you still don't have a showroom as required by Martin.

BTW, whats with the 15% restocking fee on Martins?
Old 02-07-2010, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by petelor View Post
Great return policy? if 48 hours and I pay all shipping is great than my local GC's 30 day return policy is down right amazing. And yes, they will match or beat Jon's prices. Worst part of this "great return policy" is Jon gives you no time to inspect used guitars which is where I HAVE to have an inspection period. Great return policy? Not!
It works for me and it's my opinion. Buy from where ever you like. Until you start paying for my guitars, I can buy from wherever I like. I have bought from both GC and MFG. Never had a problem either way.
Martin 000-JBS
Martin LX Jimmy Buffett
Martin DM3MD
Martin D-16GT
Martin Sigma DR-41

Last edited by rlouie; 02-07-2010 at 03:23 PM.
Old 02-07-2010, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blues2rock View Post
[B]
Online dealers such as those two I mentioned are great to a select group of people, those repeat customers and those that don't take up much of their time. But if you're a new customer, asking too many questions, that take a little while to make that investment, they're not that much special than any other dealers, in my honest opinion.
100% spot on accurate! Online dealers like Jon, Jim and Maury would be better serving their clients if they charged 5% more and spend more time with their customers.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:03 PM

Quote:
100% spot on accurate! Online dealers like Jon, Jim and Maury would be better serving their clients if they charged 5% more and spend more time with their customers.
Dude, 3 posts and 3 attacks on members and respected merchants.......nice!

Rich Macklin Soundclick Website
http://www.youtube.com/rmyaddison

Martin OM-18 Authentic '33 Adirondack/Mahogany
Martin CS OM-28 Alpine/Madagascar
Martin CS 00-42 Adirondack/Madagascar
Martin OM-45TB (2005) Engelmann/Tasmanian Blackwood (#23 of 29)
Old 02-07-2010, 03:14 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
I see Jon's number one competition had to jump in this thread.
I jumped into this thread to comment on the custom vs production model pricing. Mods, if my "following the rules" statement is out of line, please accept my apologies and delete it, or ask me to. No harm intended.

Quote:
As long as your discussing rules Maury, I see that every Blueridge on your site is listed below MAP and that you still don't have a showroom as required by Martin.
Both of these statements are false. Saga does not have a MAP policy and we most certainly do have a retail showroom. Why would you accuse me of these things?

Quote:
BTW, whats with the 15% restocking fee on Martins?
Its part of our business model. We're constantly adapting to what our market dictates, and we are open to new ideas if you have any to share... but perhaps it should be in another thread or backchannel.
Martin Guitar Certified Online Dealer
Martin Blueridge
Martins & More Podcast
Old 02-07-2010, 03:23 PM

Maury, according to other Blueridge dealers there is an MAP if this has changed recently than I stand corrected. As for your showroom, I was going by what's on your website.

"Retail store is temporarily closed due to renovations. Order online 24/ 7 @ www maurysmusic.com. Internet orders are still being filled daily (Mon - Fri)."

If the website info is not up to date than maybe you should update it.
Old 02-07-2010, 03:30 PM

hey folks this thread is turning so lets stay focused............Pete, if you really want to talk to Maury about his business then you need to do it back channel..........what you are doing is in bad taste pal........
Old 02-07-2010, 03:32 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Maury, according to other Blueridge dealers there is an MAP if this has changed recently than I stand corrected. As for your showroom, I was going by what's on your website.

"Retail store is temporarily closed due to renovations. Order online 24/ 7 @ www maurysmusic.com. Internet orders are still being filled daily (Mon - Fri)."

If the website info is not up to date than maybe you should update it.
Our website IS up to date. Remodeling our showroom does not mean we don't have a showroom. We're one of Martin's largest and most respected dealers, we're spending quite a bit of money renovating our new showroom, and I promise you we will keep our website up to date. Shall I contact you when we're ready for your visit?

Saga's contact information is on their website and I trust you'll contact them regarding their policies if you really do want to know. www.sagamusic.com

edited to say: My apologies to the OP. I should have known better than to chime in on this thread.

Thank you.
Martin Guitar Certified Online Dealer
Martin Blueridge
Martins & More Podcast

Last edited by MaurysMusic; 02-07-2010 at 03:33 PM. Reason: to add last sentence
Old 02-07-2010, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmyAddison View Post
Dude, 3 posts and 3 attacks on members and respected merchants.......nice!
Kind of what I was thinking too.

Sorry rlouie...and thanks too!
Martin 000-JBS
Martin LX Jimmy Buffett
Martin DM3MD
Martin D-16GT
Martin Sigma DR-41
Old 02-07-2010, 04:10 PM

Quote:
I agree with Peterol about the return policy. A 48 hr return policy, regardless of who the dealer is, is mediocre at best. I don't know what the average is, but IMO, a great return policy is McNichols'...they give you 30 days (I think) and pay for shipping back. Next is Jim at GR, 10-15 days is nice when you're getting used to a new guitar.

---------------------------------

'09 Martin D35
'08 Taylor 816ce
'73 Yamaha FG700
'09 Chuck Gilbert Dread C/M
Old 02-07-2010, 04:57 PM

Quote:
I agree with Peterol about the return policy.
I'll take what I can get.

Louie, sorry if I stepped over the line, I guess the personal attack from HD18JBguy got to me.

Now for some beers and hot wings while I watch the game.

Computer off......
Old 02-07-2010, 05:01 PM

Quote:
I agree with Peterol about the return policy. A 48 hr return policy, regardless of who the dealer is, is mediocre at best. I don't know what the average is, but IMO, a great return policy is McNichols'...they give you 30 days (I think) and pay for shipping back. Next is Jim at GR, 10-15 days is nice when you're getting used to a new guitar.
I think although some dealers do offer what seems like a very short approval period, there is some flexibility. With one dealer recently, I asked if I could return a guitar after a week and a half that had a 72 hour approval period. Not only did they accept the guitar back, but they also refunded me in full. I didn't even ask for this (I was perfectly prepared to pay a restocking fee), but they offered it because they could see I was not simply trying out guitars. And I understand why dealers should otherwise operate a short approval time; would anyone here like to pay full price for a guitar that has been mauled by some bozo for the best part of a month?

(P.S. Thumbs up for Maury - two first rate guitars for me at great prices!)
Old 02-07-2010, 06:31 PM

Quote:
I'll take what I can get.

Louie, sorry if I stepped over the line, I guess the personal attack from HD18JBguy got to me.

Now for some beers and hot wings while I watch the game.

Computer off......
Just as your personal attack got to me.
Martin 000-JBS
Martin LX Jimmy Buffett
Martin DM3MD
Martin D-16GT
Martin Sigma DR-41

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion