The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-08-2009, 10:56 PM
Charter Member

Default Beat this horse some more!!!

I just responded to a Gibson forum yesterday, but today I made a stop at the Gibson showcase in Nashville at Opry Mills. They have about 50 Gibby's hanging on the wall. I played a j-45 and a humminbird that sounded like wet cardboard. However, I played a few Adv Jumbo's that were really good. And I played a custom like I'd never seen before...it had Custom on the truss rod cover.. The label on the inside said "concert"....The guitar looked like an Adv Jumbo but it was thinner than a dred. Plus it had a 3 piece back. The seams on the back had finish cracks and there was a 2 inch crack in the middle of the back. (yes, this is a new guitar)...But, it sounded amazing!!!! I'm not sure what kind of wood it was, it actually looked like braz but it wasn't priced high enough. Anyway, it was a great guitar....It was really loud (pretty sure adi top) and every note was clear...it reminded me of my Webber.....

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion