The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-29-2009, 07:53 PM
Charter Member

The thing you have to keep in mind is that there are 2 kinds of guitarists - people like us who love to tinker and pontificate endlessly on internet forums about the finer points of guitar equipment, and the other 97% who just like to find something that works reasonably well and move on. Which group would you be after if you owned a production guitar company?
Old 06-30-2009, 07:26 PM

Default Advice for Bob Taylor

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.D.Smith View Post
So far, I'm enjoying my ES system.
The knobs are inconspicous and they work well to boost or cut tone.
Right on. I like ES and it sounds great on my setup.

Kin
Old 06-30-2009, 09:06 PM

i don't know what the soundboard sensors would sound like all by themselves. but the difference between switches on and off is not that great, i suspect a blender wouldn't have a big enough effect to justify it.
Old 06-30-2009, 09:37 PM
Charter Member

I have to think that being able to cut some or all of that fret board pick-up out of the mix might create a more pleasant and usable tone in some of the Taylors. That thing just sounds "honkey" to me.
Old 07-01-2009, 07:11 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by getgo View Post
I have to think that being able to cut some or all of that fret board pick-up out of the mix might create a more pleasant and usable tone in some of the Taylors. That thing just sounds "honkey" to me.
I agree. I think if you could hear more of the sensors and put just a little of the neck pickup blended in the sound would be improved. When I had an M1/element combo in my Larrivee it was that way. Either pick-up by itself didn't sound great. The M-1 was thin sounding by itself. But, blended together they sounded great!...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion