The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-14-2010, 09:46 AM
Charter Member

...concerning the original post i can only talk about Santa Cruz's since thats all i've owned...i've had 4....2 stock models and two customs...all 4 have been excellent guitars with all that one could expect but the custom models with upgraded wood selection have both been a cut above in terms of tone, playbility and fit/finish....i'm pretty sure an extra measure of care is taken in the construction of custom instruments and it shows....it stands to reason since they are pricier....people often wonder why they are paying hundreds more for wood upgrades when the luthiers cost is way less than their charge for the upgrade....part of it is no doubt "making a living" but i would think that part of it is the special attention and time that goes into the construction pf upgraded/custom instruments....
Old 02-14-2010, 10:14 AM

I have German over EIR and Sitka over EIR, along with Adi over Hog. Surprisingly enough to me, the Sitka is the one that almost always gets the nod when playing out. The German is a little more "sparkly" to my ear and the Adi/Hog is great but if I get carried away with my strumming it can get LOUD (user error, nothing wrong with the guitar).

Bottom line...I wouldn't overlook the Sitka for a solid companion.
Gibson Jackson Browne Model 1
Gibson J-45 Studio
Taylor 714CE
Takamine Glenn Frey Signature

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion