The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-06-2019, 01:54 PM

Default New Simon and Patrick parlor

It's been a little bit since got this, but has been hidden in its case. It's a beautiful Woodland Pro Parlor from Simon and Patrick. I ordered it from my local store Huber and Breese. I have to describe it as a perfect couch picking guitar. It's a 24.84 scale with a 1.72 nut.
I have had problems with narrower nuts in past like on GS Mini. The fit and finish are superb. Those Godin folks do things right. It has a sound that is full, and surprisingly strums and picks well. These are little gems that dont often get the attention that they deserve. I've gone through a bunch of parlors or parlor shaped objects ( Martin LXM, backpacker, Taylor Baby and GS Mini Mini, Larrivee walnut parlor) and this one fits me best.
Old 04-06-2019, 04:23 PM

Congrats on the new guitar! It sounds like you're enjoying it. That model got a great review on the Premiere Guitar website. Love Huber Breese, also. That's my go-to local store.
'18 Martin GP-28E
'65 Epiphone Zenith archtop
Old 04-06-2019, 05:01 PM

Congrats on the S&P! They're great guitars. Enjoy.
Old 04-06-2019, 09:24 PM

I got a P&S Woodland Parlor about 15 years ago, not the pro model. I'm guessing it was before the pro model, as they don't seem to make just the parlor anymore. I think the difference is mine might just be a solid top, maybe laminate back/sides? I know the pro is all solid. I like mine, though. It is a sweet little instrument with decent sound and plays very nice. I think I paid $300 for it brand new. I put heavy strings on it and that helps the sound, still easy to play.
Old 04-07-2019, 06:18 AM
Charter Member

I picked up a nice art and Lutherie (made by godin) concert body used a few months back. It’s a fantastic guitar for 200 bucks. I leave it out in my living room all the time. It’s my campfire guitar and is super comfortable.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion