The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-12-2004, 02:31 PM

Default repost of my Wildwood story

I have done all my guitar business with steve. he is an amazing fellow. I remember growing up and going to hear windmachine every christmas at a local church. windmachine is the band that steve and his son (taylor) played in. it is worth while to check out some of their music. one of the member of the band plays a double neck 14 string gitcho. it is something that they custom made, and pretty much invented.

the shop itself is pretty amazing. it looks just like any other small shop at first. but then you ask about a particular model, and steve will have someone go get several from next door.
I had an experiance like this. I was looking to buy a 2002 fall ltd 814 cocobolo. I asked for steve and then he sent THREE guys next door to grab several of this particular model. they cam back with 11 guitars, all the same 814celtd all with different sounds. I spent a long time at the store that day, even about 20 min after they closed. then the really amazing coment came, steve said that he had about half of that model left, that means he sold about 11-12 814celtds in about a week or so. to have that volume, and keep the service he does! WOW!!

I love steve mesple and wildwood
www.wildwoodguitars.com
1960 Gibson ES-330TDN

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion