The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-12-2014, 02:13 PM

Default NGD GS Mini mahogany

I've never -- well, almost never-- been an impulse buyer. But today that unexpectedly changed. While my wife was shopping, I stopped in to the local Guitar Center. Really quite a nice place with some good folks behind the counter. I'd never played a GS Mini; there was one on sale and without thinking much about it I sat down and played for a while. I admit to loving the mahogany sound. And to my surprise this guitar really had that mahogany sound -- nothing quite as good as my OO-15M but darn good. Cut to the chase here -- I bought it and now I'm home and enjoying playing what is really a quite remarkable instrument. So if you are near something stronger than water or 7-UP, join me in a toast to my new guitar.

Old guys sometimes win!
Old 03-12-2014, 03:23 PM

I wonder how many people went in, picked up a GS Mini not expecting much, and then bought it. Congrats! I'll toast you with my Root Beer
Old 03-12-2014, 03:46 PM

Congrats and enjoy! The GS Minis are awesome, especially the hog version. The only thing I didn't like about mine was readjusting to my long scale guitars after playing it for an extended period. Sadly, I let it go but I know I'll add another one eventually. Have fun with your latest acquisition.
Old 03-12-2014, 04:10 PM

Congrats on your new mini!
Old 03-12-2014, 05:36 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
I wonder how many people went in, picked up a GS Mini not expecting much, and then bought it. Congrats! I'll toast you with my Root Beer
A lot I think Dru. It's surprising for most people what comes out of that little guitar.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion