The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-04-2010, 09:59 AM

Default Strings for a 3/4 Johnson

are there any concerns with putting strings on 3/4 bodies, anything to be aware or cautios about?

the guitar did not come with any manual or any instructions. I'm assuming that any light gauge will work fine?
Old 10-04-2010, 12:30 PM

Is it one of those small backpacker type guitars or more of a shrunk dreadnought like the baby taylor?If it's a backpacker use extra light's on it,if it's a baby taylor size lights should be ok.Haven't seen the Johnson website in a while but I've seen the Johnson traveler guitar on ebay alot.By the looks of it i doubt if it could handle lights for long.
EDIT:Just checked the website,sounds like you have the trailblazer deluxe.I wouldn't put mediums on it but in my experience a 3/4 guitar should be fine with lights.I would e-mail customer service to be sure or use the same gauge as the stock strings.It has a solid top so be careful with the potential top bellying with too thick a string.A laminate topped guitar can handle more tension than a solid topped guitar in some cases.
My Tunes
Facebook

Last edited by BuckMahoney; 10-04-2010 at 02:41 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion