The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 04-27-2024, 08:22 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CASD57 View Post
Hi
As much as I thought the Zoom G1Four sounded good....My amp sounds better without it..
I just need an effects box.. Chorus-Tremolo-reverb etc.., But I need it not to mess with the guitar tone much....transparent
Oh and my amp doesn't have an effects loop (Vox Mini-Super Beatle)
Any recommendations?
Ok full disclosure , while I deal with a few digital plugin effects regularly in my recording productions. In the big picture (especially for my electric guitar ) I prefer individual analog FX pedals to any combo digital effects box .

Now of course this is totally subjective so for example my MRX Carbon Copy analog delay I think gives a great delay effect and keeps the guitar/amp tone in tact And the Karma MTN-10 is IMO one of the cleanest drive pedals on the market
There are a large number of analog guitar pedals at all kinds of price points

In fact Sweetwater even has an Analog Reverb and Delay category

https://www.sweetwater.com/c974--Ana...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

Note on my pedal board below, the only digital pedal is the Oceans 11 reverb all the rest are analog (except probably the looper)

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2024.3 Sonoma 14.4

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars