The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2018, 11:15 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdinco View Post
That's ridiculous, it's a shame Ted doesn't sell scooters. Good luck finding one that works for you.
I have a scooter - Honda PCX; its a great ride. I was thinking of adding something bigger for the occasional highway use... been riding a lot of years; got my first guitar when I was 11, my first motorcycle when I was 14; been playing and riding since.
Old 03-27-2018, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Jim View Post
I have a scooter - Honda PCX; its a great ride. I was thinking of adding something bigger for the occasional highway use... been riding a lot of years; got my first guitar when I was 11, my first motorcycle when I was 14; been playing and riding since.
I was searching for new songs to learn, and listening to Born To Be Wild (Steppenwolf, for the four people who frequent this forum who aren't old enough to remember it), when lo and behold, I opened this thread again.

Now, I need to find the theme music for The Twilight Zone.

BTW, Zephyr says hi to Rufus.

Last edited by Long Road Home; 03-27-2018 at 06:32 AM.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:35 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax238 View Post
I was searching for new songs to learn, and listening to Born To Be Wild (Steppenwolf, for the four people who frequent this forum who aren't old enough to remember it), when lo and behold, I opened this thread again.

Now, I need to find the theme music for The Twilight Zone.

BTW, Zephyr says hi to Rufus.
Thanks for the chuckle, Barry. I still play Born To Be Wild... as part of a medley with Spirit's I Got A Line On You. It's a good one to pull out when any mention of "motorcycle" comes up.

Proof that I am not "one of the four," I played Born To Be Wild when it first came out.
Old 03-27-2018, 09:45 AM
Charter Member

We used to play "Got a line on you" but I don't remember ever doing Born to be Wild. I wish I could remember all those old songs. LOL Honda CB1100 rider here.
Old 03-27-2018, 11:34 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
We used to play "Got a line on you" but I don't remember ever doing Born to be Wild. I wish I could remember all those old songs. LOL Honda CB1100 rider here.
A test of the TC Helicon Gxt from 7 years ago - git yer motor runnin'...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQIe9qSs_3o

Before that room was a guitar room. Before I discovered carbon fiber. Yes, that is an Ovation. I played the heck out of that for 14 years before I got on these forums and discovered the "true meaning of guitar life."
Old 03-28-2018, 02:16 PM
Charter Member

I really do try to bring something about carbon fiber guitars to my posts here... not today.

Our daughter is a teacher, and we volunteer in her classroom when we're here. She asked if I would do a Career Day presentation for her. Today was that day. We had to set an alarm clock for the first time in... well, I don't remember the last time. 6:15 rise and shine time. Rufus was confused.

My presentations (3 of them) were about being a boat captain for whale watch cruises... probably not a lot of call for that in the desert of Arizona, but Steph knew the kids (6th grade) would enjoy hearing about the whales. She was relieved when, with 40 speakers, the whale watch boat captain sessions were the first to fill.

We had worked together on a Powerpoint presentation, and I have plenty of material... but, each session was only 25 minutes. I started each session with general questions from the kids, and then tailored it to each group.

I saw the look of panic in my daughter's eyes when one kid asked, "How do you tell the male Orcas from the females?" While I tease my sweet daughter, I would never cause her grief - I answered the question in a very non-reproductive system manner, explaining dorsal fins and size difference.

It was a fun morning...

http://captnjim.blogspot.com/2018/03...done-that.html

And, I was done early enough to take my Honey out for breakfast. I might need a nap this afternoon.
Old 03-28-2018, 03:46 PM

Quote:
. I might need a nap this afternoon.

I just read this line...nap time
McPherson: Early Kevin Michael Proto
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 03-28-2018, 04:35 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kramster View Post
I just read this line...nap time
Changed my mind - it is a lovely day, so some patio time with the guitar and Rufus...

Old 03-28-2018, 06:06 PM
Guest 928

I've seen sleep walking. Now I've seen sleep guitar. Cool cat.
Old 03-28-2018, 09:35 PM

That looks like a great afternoon!!!
Old 03-30-2018, 09:59 PM
Charter Member

Hard to say something "only happens once in a blue moon" when there are two of them in 3 months. Yep, a blue moon again tonight - there was one in January, and no full moon in February.

Tonight...

So, if you think people were a bit weirder than usual today... you were probably right.
Old 03-31-2018, 01:45 AM

Think I have been mooned.,
Some wood things by Epi, Harmony, Takamine, Good Time, PRS, Slick, Gypsy Music, keyboards, wind controllers.. etc
Old 04-04-2018, 08:16 PM
Charter Member

We left Arizona on April 1st. It is 1,348 miles from where we stay in the Phoenix area to our home in the Tropical Tip. When traveling, we sometimes do what I call the 2/2/2 Rule: drive the motorhome about 200 miles, get off the road around 2:00, spend a couple days. Sometimes you have to make some miles, though.

When double towing (motorhome>Honda CR-V>cargo trailer) we don't drive like you would in a car: I keep the speed to 65 mph or less, and we stop frequently. Still, it was a 4 day drive from Arizona to south Texas. We arrived home this afternoon in the rain.

The moving back in process always takes a couple days. Adding to that, moving Rufus (the cat) into the house is another consideration... the motorhome is the only home he's known since he has been a part of our family. Our home is a small cottage - Rufus thinks we live in a mansion; the boy is experiencing some sensory overload.

After getting as much in as we needed for the night into the house, there was one thing I have been missing: my Emerald X20. I pulled it out of the case for the first time in a few months... oh my goodness, I have really missed this fine guitar. When I started playing, Rufus came out of hiding. My wife sat with him in the guitar room. It was nice. Especially nice after a couple hours of unloading in the rain and putting stuff away in the house. We enjoy the traveling; this moving in and out - not so much.

The guitar playing this evening was a nice break. Getting to see and play the X20 again is a delight. It made Rufus feel at home in his "new home." Yeah, me, too. What a beautiful guitar. Great sound. Feels like it was made for me, it is so comfortable. And, the rumble against my chest, even when playing quiet... love it.

I'm actually looking forward to some time at home. For a while.
Old 04-04-2018, 09:06 PM

Quote:
I've been tempted to work up a rousing rendition of 'They're Coming To Take Me Away' just to totally freak out young-uns.
Old 04-05-2018, 04:23 AM

Quote:

After getting as much in as we needed for the night into the house, there was one thing I have been missing: my Emerald X20. I pulled it out of the case for the first time in a few months... oh my goodness, I have really missed this fine guitar. When I started playing, Rufus came out of hiding. My wife sat with him in the guitar room. It was nice. Especially nice after a couple hours of unloading in the rain and putting stuff away in the house. We enjoy the traveling; this moving in and out - not so much.

The guitar playing this evening was a nice break. Getting to see and play the X20 again is a delight. It made Rufus feel at home in his "new home." Yeah, me, too. What a beautiful guitar. Great sound. Feels like it was made for me, it is so comfortable. And, the rumble against my chest, even when playing quiet... love it.

I'm actually looking forward to some time at home. For a while.
Nuttin' bettern a good X-20 story to warm one's soul...or something like that. Ahhhhh yes...
Closed Thread

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Carbon Fiber