The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-12-2014, 07:28 PM

Default Expression system --need advice

Hi, the sensor on my Taylor GS 8 2006 model BLEW, when I say blew I mean it exploded blowing out the wire and the liquid stuff inside the sensor. My dealer sent away for a new sensor which cost's £45 "expensive eh" now I've been waiting over a week to get the sensor installed.

Can anyone from Taylor "or anyone who might know" PLEASE tell me why this happened "WHY DOES A SENSOR BLOW" nobody has ever heard of this before. Also can someone tell me how long it would take a Taylor guitar tech to replace a sensor.

PLEASE HELP I MISS MY BEAUTIFUL GUITAR--BAD

Cheers Mike!
Old 12-12-2014, 08:24 PM

did you buy this guitar from the Alibaba website, where all fake Taylors are born? I can only imagine something was wrong with the circuitry and you should be glad you're still alive, .
If it's a real Taylor then in 2006 there's been a transition period between two ES versions and it went from 3V to 9V if I recall correctly. The battery holder can not be mistaken for a different voltage.
A possibillaty is that the amp or mixer you've tried to connect to uses different wiring or grounding then the output on the guitar, or perhaps it had a 48V Phantom power for phantom powered microphones. The output can not handle an input of 48 Volts, it's just a ballanced output.
Don't worry about the liquid stuff, it's not radio active or poisonous unless it's a fake Taylor.

Ludwig
Old 12-12-2014, 08:26 PM

Now's your chance to ditch that Expression System and have a K&K Pure Mini installed!
Old 12-13-2014, 06:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Beerhofen View Post
did you buy this guitar from the Alibaba website, where all fake Taylors are born? I can only imagine something was wrong with the circuitry and you should be glad you're still alive, .
If it's a real Taylor then in 2006 there's been a transition period between two ES versions and it went from 3V to 9V if I recall correctly. The battery holder can not be mistaken for a different voltage.
A possibillaty is that the amp or mixer you've tried to connect to uses different wiring or grounding then the output on the guitar, or perhaps it had a 48V Phantom power for phantom powered microphones. The output can not handle an input of 48 Volts, it's just a ballanced output.
Don't worry about the liquid stuff, it's not radio active or poisonous unless it's a fake Taylor.

Ludwig
Thanks for the reply, No my Taylor is a 100% made in the USA, the guitar is fantastic the EX system is grap.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion