The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-18-2013, 06:26 PM

Default Deep Body Guitars and Shoulder Issues

My Goodall Trom is narrower than my 000-28 but the body is much deeper. I find the latter ( 000-28 ) easier on my shoulders. I find this to be the case with my Larrivee Parlor P-09 also. Anybody else experience this with Deep Body Guitars?
Thanks in advance for your responses.
Anand.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:33 PM
Charter Member

It depends on the depth of the instrument and the body shape (as you pointed out). But that's not all. How you hold the guitar, i.e., sitting posture and related ergonomics, play a major role.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:34 PM

Oh, yeah. I have a problem with my right shoulder. I recently got an Itzkin Dreadnaught that is narrower than the normal dread, and it is much more comfortable for me to play. I'm not getting rid of my dreads, but this one does make it easier on the shoulder. I also find that trying not to involve my shoulder when I play (I tend to tense it up) helps a lot too. I am also doing exercises for my shoulder and that helps even more.

My website:
http://draudio56.wix.com/warren-bendler

"It's hard...calming the Beatle inside of me."

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion