The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-17-2024, 09:50 AM

Default Breedlove Organic Wildwood Pro Companion

Looking for a 3/4 size travel guitar for about $1k or less. Anyone have experience with this Breedlove companion guitar. I would NOT be using the electronics so I am interested in how it sounds unplugged. Any other suggestions are appreciated. I should say that I am flatpicker. Ideally I would like a guitar with a width at the nut greater than 1 11/16". I kind of like a chunky neck.

(should this be in a different section of AGF?)

Thanks everybody...

How
Old 04-17-2024, 03:15 PM
Charter Member

Yes, you should post this in the classifieds section.
Steve
Old 04-18-2024, 08:39 AM
Charter Member

I'm a Breedlove fan, but I've never played one of their Companions. I think you'll find that all of their guitars have 1-11/16" nuts in that price range.

If this is to be a travel guitar, a really good candidate would be a Furch Little Jane:

LJ in Hawaii_600pix.jpg

It easily disassembles and stores into its pack. Here's a size comparison of the LJ pack to a Taylor GS Mini:

LJ vs GS Mini packs_600 pix.jpg

The Little Jane has a 1-3/4" nut and 2-5/16" spacing at the saddle. It's my favorite travel guitar. You can find reviews on the forum. New, they're a few hundred above your price limit. But used would fit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by howband1948 View Post
Looking for a 3/4 size travel guitar for about $1k or less. Anyone have experience with this Breedlove companion guitar. I would NOT be using the electronics so I am interested in how it sounds unplugged. Any other suggestions are appreciated. I should say that I am flatpicker. Ideally I would like a guitar with a width at the nut greater than 1 11/16". I kind of like a chunky neck.

Thanks everybody...

How
Old 04-26-2024, 08:40 PM

Default Breedlove has a thin neck

Quote:
Originally Posted by howband1948 View Post

Thanks everybody...

How
The Breedlove will have a thin neck, but this looks like a nice GS-Mini size guitar with good specs.
Old 04-26-2024, 08:47 PM
Charter Member

This is the correct forum for this kind of question. You seem to be looking for advice and possible alternatives. Once you decide what you want you can post a "want to buy" in the classifieds if you want. Or just monitor them.
Old 04-26-2024, 11:21 PM
Charter Member

I have the Breedlove Oregon Concerto. It’s not small, but has a wonderful mellow tone unplugged. It’s really smooth sounding on some classical pieces. It’s not for sale, at any price.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
breedlove, travek, travel guitar