The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-19-2012, 12:36 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmyAddison View Post
Try the sweetened tunings, you will never go back, most of my gang has "converted" and they're all Martin players, you gits will sound great!!!
I don't think I've heard the expression "sweetened tunings" before. Let me know what you mean please...

Old 10-19-2012, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmyAddison View Post
Try the sweetened tunings, you will never go back, most of my gang has "converted" and they're all Martin players, you gits will sound great!!!
I'm definately going to check those out! I'm pretty much a Bluegrass player now and had to stay in standard tuning. I do like to play some other stuff sometimes and hated changing back and forth to play in alternate tunings on one guitar, not mention it being hard on the strings. With the D18 I can use some of those other tunings again.

Last edited by TNTaylor414; 10-19-2012 at 12:57 PM.
Old 10-19-2012, 12:53 PM

Stratokatsu,

I've never used the sweetned tuning before, so hopefully someone with experience will chime in.

If I understand it correctly, the tunings are slightly off standard pitch (usually on the flat side) to allow for the imperfections in guitar intonation. I think it helps when playing up the neck, too. The tuner has all kinds of settings for playing with a capo. It will be fun to see what all this thing can do.

Take this post with a grain of salt. I may be totally off.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion