The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-08-2003, 12:16 PM

Default Why is there not an all out recall on the ES??

If it takes a dummy coil to correct the problem folks are having with the ES system, are the one's that have not been send back inferior instruments?

I don't understand why there is not just a recall on all instruments made at a specified time.

Any comments appreciated.
Old 07-08-2003, 12:55 PM

It would cost too much.
Old 07-08-2003, 01:52 PM

Location: Not where I thought I was going, but probably where I need to be.

I was under the impression that there was what amounted to a "recall" very early on, catching all of the guitars that shipped out without the modification. Is this wrong? Were only those guitars that were returned modified?
Old 07-08-2003, 01:52 PM

Default Re: Why is there not an all out recall on the ES??

Quote:
Originally posted by musicwhathasnt
If it takes a dummy coil to correct the problem folks are having with the ES system, are the one's that have not been send back inferior instruments?

I don't understand why there is not just a recall on all instruments made at a specified time.

Any comments appreciated.
In a way, there kind of is. I think it is more a matter of Taylor figuring out what was causing the hum for the people who had that as a problem and then retro-fitting those specific guitars as needed.

Same with the faulty solder joints, as about 90% (if I recall what Hos said here recently) work fine.

If ALL the ES's had a problem, then they would do that I guess, but it seems that only a small percentage have probs, and that even those numbers are way below the return rate they had with the Fishman systems.
Old 07-08-2003, 03:51 PM

Smile $$$$$$$$

All buisness expect an amount of calateral damage to occurr on new products, but if the risk is low, then they'll deal with it on a case by case scenerio, not wanting to cause panic and bad publicity. The "buzz" has been predominately possitive on the ES. The set back has not been so much in the technology, but in the production. You also don't see major recalls on items that don't have the potential to physically harm people. If there were ES explosion problems or people being electricuted I think you'd see a major recall issued. I think as time goes on, fewer people are going to have fewer issues with the ES because BT won't allow it.

george p. atkins

2002 Taylor 310ce-ltd (maple)

2004 Taylor 314

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion