The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-08-2003, 05:31 AM

Default For those interested in posting mp3's

There seems to be some interest in posting your home recording mp3s of your Taylors. Here's how (I've stolen this from cathead at the UMGF).....First, register at Digital Sound Planet. They'll provide all the bandwidth (and recording software if needed) you need. Here's the link.
Digital Sound Planet

Then follow these instructions....

Since you are already registered at Digital Planet the first thing you will have to do is log in and go to "My Planet". The opening page there will give you the option to "Post To Showroom". After you click on that a page will open with a place to name your song, describe it, and identify the genre it falls under. Then, you move on down on that same page and click on one of the "Browse" buttons. A new window will open and from there you find the MP3 on your PC that you want to upload, highlight it, and click "Open". Then, that window will close, and you will see close to the bottom of the web page a "Publish" button. Click it and your song will begin to upload. When it's finished uploading you will still be on the same web page. On the bar close to the top of the page you will see "Your Music".Drop that down and click on "List Of Showroom Songs". When you click that it will take you to a page where your song uploaded to. At that point I always open another browser and navigate to this forum and post a new message as usual. In my message I click on "link" over in the left hand column and a new box opens. Then, I go back to Sound Planet and right click on the icon (speaker) of my song that lets you listen to it and click on "copy shortcut" from the drop down options. Now, back to this forum, right click in the text bar of the new link window that opened and choose "paste" and "OK". The window will stay open so you can name the link. Click "OK" again and proceed with posting your new message here on the forum as usual.

Moderators,
Have you considered creating a seperate section of the forum for posting links to Taylor recordings by forumites?
Old 07-08-2003, 06:07 AM

Default Re: For those interested in posting mp3's

Quote:
Originally posted by orsino

Moderators,
Have you considered creating a seperate section of the forum for posting links to Taylor recordings by forumites?
Sounds like a very cool idea!!
Old 07-08-2003, 06:57 PM

hey!! thats a fantastic idea dude!
your a legend!
2002 Larrivee LV72KK
2002 Taylor 615ce
2002 Fender Eric Clapton Blackie
2012 Gibson Hummingbird
[email protected]

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion