The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-15-2016, 07:22 PM

Ate these runners gotoh?
Old 04-16-2016, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by martingitdave View Post
Not to be a contrarian, but I think you can do better with one if the sponsors if you just want an HD28. There are a few upgrades on that model that make it more like an HD28V with pickup. From that perspective, it's a fair deal.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Hi Dave, Yes, you're very likely right. The sponsors offer very fair pricing so I've heard. I myself should probably look into them as I'm in the market now for a dread, either an HD28 or some variation. I've been pricing them out from both online and brick and mortar stores lately. When I saw this one on Sweetwater I was taking into account, yes, the pickup, and the Adi Top and the forward bracing and, lastly, the inlay and open gear tuners which are mainly found on the HD28V I believe. All in all it seemed like a pretty sweet deal to me. I'm an American living in the UK and the prices here (when accounting for everything including exchange rates) are rather exorbitant relative to US pricing. So pretty much anything from the US looks like a great deal to me. I like to try guitars out before buying so I suppose I'll have to bit the bullet here to get my dream dread.

Cheers,
G
2014 Shippey Oval Hole Mandolin
2016 Martin HD28.
Schertler Jam 150 amp.
Neumann TLM 102 mic.
Old 04-16-2016, 11:55 AM

I can imagine from the UK that the prices are greatly inflated. From the specs and the videos, I would anticipate this guitar to be very good. I wish they had spec'd it with a 1-3/4" nut. Because, I was considering it for myself.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 04-16-2016, 02:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TD2 View Post
Is it possible to negotiate prices with Sweetwater?
My experience has been they will toss you a 10% bone and nothing else.
Besides a 50 cent bag of candy.

You can do much better from a forum sponsor any day of the week on a new Martin purchase.

Maury's Music saved me close to $700 from SW's "best price" on my last Martin purchase... and to get SW's "best price" they wanted me to wire the money!!
Old 04-16-2016, 05:03 PM

Exclamation

That is one beautiful guitar. Since there is someone from Sweetwater on the thread, I would like to ask a question. Do you perform the 55 point checkup on every guitar that goes out?, I was on Sweetwaters site today, and read in detail the 55 point checkup. It includes a lot of detailed stuff that actually goes beyond a normal setup. We have had people get guitars at Sweetwater, and say the guitar box was never opened or there was a string buzz on a string. I have gotten amps and strings, but never bought a guitar there though I almost did a few years ago.

Snark Tuner
Old 04-16-2016, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guit3090 View Post
That is one beautiful guitar. Since there is someone from Sweetwater on the thread, I would like to ask a question. Do you perform the 55 point checkup on every guitar that goes out?, I was on Sweetwaters site today, and read in detail the 55 point checkup. It includes a lot of detailed stuff that actually goes beyond a normal setup. We have had people get guitars at Sweetwater, and say the guitar box was never opened or there was a string buzz on a string. I have gotten amps and strings, but never bought a guitar there though I almost did a few years ago.
"Most guitars over 299 before they are added to stock". According to the SW site.
Old 04-16-2016, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohYew812 View Post
My experience has been they will toss you a 10% bone and nothing else.
Besides a 50 cent bag of candy.

You can do much better from a forum sponsor any day of the week on a new Martin purchase.

Maury's Music saved me close to $700 from SW's "best price" on my last Martin purchase... and to get SW's "best price" they wanted me to wire the money!!
I would buy from a forum sponsor first too. First reason, they are more likely in my opinion to not want bad publicity and second because I live in Indiana and Sweetwater would have to charge me sales tax. M😄

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion