The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-30-2016, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasworker View Post
How Many Picks could a pick box hold if pick box could hold picks?
Depends on how thick the picks are.

This functions precisely the same way as a Tokyo subway car. If the average Japanese "salaryman" weighed 350-400 lbs., the uniformed "subway pushers" wouldn't be able to squeeze as many of them into each car as they do now:

¥¥¥

whm
Old 01-31-2016, 08:10 AM

I purchased 5 of these. I use 2 in the Studio on my amps, one near the computer for play along and one on the dining room table and one I gave to my wife for her office. I have the exact 2 electric and 4 acoustic picks in all 4 that I use. The picture you see on ETSY is the exact one you will receive.
They are beautiful and quite a bargain with the best customer service. They are made from reclaimed wood out of various walnut, maple, ebony, mahogany, koa, wenge, Cocobolo, rosewood and others

https://www.etsy.com/shop/LittleBatc...hopheader-name

Old 01-31-2016, 11:39 AM
AGF Sponsor

I use picks only occasionally, but I keep a few around. Someone gave me this silly thing as a gift once. It's "mouth" is the perfect place to keep my picks, and it sits on my desk where I do most of my playing and recording. At least I know where to find them!

Old 01-31-2016, 01:41 PM
Charter Member

I have several of these Snarling Dog pick tins. I tried a few of the picks and like the little tins for storage. They slide open and closed, and I have a few of them I keep around different places in the house. I have about 12 picks in one of them.
Old 01-31-2016, 02:17 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetweed View Post
I purchased 5 of these. I use 2 in the Studio on my amps, one near the computer for play along and one on the dining room table and one I gave to my wife for her office. I have the exact 2 electric and 4 acoustic picks in all 4 that I use. The picture you see on ETSY is the exact one you will receive.
They are beautiful and quite a bargain with the best customer service. They are made from reclaimed wood out of various walnut, maple, ebony, mahogany, koa, wenge, Cocobolo, rosewood and others

I got a bunch of these boxes too. The husband-wife team that makes and sells these are absolutely the best. The quality is outstanding and the price is WAY CHEAP for what you get.
Old 01-31-2016, 08:54 PM

In my guitar cases, I use an empty altoids mint tin
I have a variety of picks. I bought a cheap fishing tackle plastic case with adjustable compartments.
I put my spares (I have several types and thicknesses) in the compartments. You can see them through the the top, they are all in one place( not the dryer) and easily accessible.

guitars? yep still have some
Old 01-31-2016, 09:54 PM

7 Electrics, 4 Basses
Banjo, Mountain Dulcimer
(all lefties)
Old 02-01-2016, 09:59 AM

I might have to get some of those little wooden boxes. Very nice looking and fairly cheap.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:03 AM

I like mine,

I feel like a condemned building with a brand new flag pole- Les Paul.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:26 AM

Default Altoids Minis for me

I use altoids mini tins for mine. They have a hinged lid and are quite a bit smaller than the regular altoids tin.
Old 02-01-2016, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br1ck View Post
Is there any interest in a pick swap? It would work like this: send five picks and a self addressed envelope to me and I'd send you back five picks from a different member, totally at random. Would cost you two stamps and two envelops.
Could be fun.
I love that idea!

Martin America 1
Martin 000-15sm
Recording King Dirty 30s RPS-9 TS
Taylor GS Mini
Baton Rouge 12-string guitar
Martin L1XR Little Martin
1933 Epiphone Olympic
1971 square neck Dobro
Old 02-01-2016, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade Hampton View Post

Elderly Instruments has these now, too, and is only asking $6.95 for them now:

When I bought a couple of the Elderly pick boxes a month ago, they were on sale for $7.95 apiece, marked down from $9.95. The fact that they've been marked down a dollar more since then indicates to me that they're closing them out, and won't be carrying them once this batch is gone.

All that aside, since I have both Blue Chip and Elderly pick boxes now and can compare them side by side, I can state that they're clearly from the same vendor. They're good quality.

Wade Hampton Miller
I have a very similarly constructed pick box I found at a local art gallery store. Curious about the "Elderly close-out" boxes, I went to their website and found they marked them down even further, to $6.95, the reason being that they have a wrong phone number for Elderly. The boxes come from a manufacturer
called Heartwood and I discovered that for twice that amount of money, one can order all kinds of designs that are considerably prettier than a music store logo with a wrong phone number.

http://www.heartwood.com/boxes/secre...ecret-box.html

Martin America 1
Martin 000-15sm
Recording King Dirty 30s RPS-9 TS
Taylor GS Mini
Baton Rouge 12-string guitar
Martin L1XR Little Martin
1933 Epiphone Olympic
1971 square neck Dobro
Old 03-02-2016, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetweed View Post

I just got 2 boxes delivered to me. I am surprised with the quality, given the price.
Old 03-02-2016, 07:29 PM

Some good ideas......beats having to do the laundry to find picks.
Old 03-02-2016, 07:44 PM

Mine are scattered liberally throughout a 1300 sq ft condominium which is essentially a large box.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion