The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-05-2015, 03:08 AM

Default Traveller Ultra Light - have you heard one?

I've only just come across this in the last few weeks but apparently they've been making them a few years. One of them would be a godsend for me if they're any good as the flats I live in are practically cardboard and my practice is a bit repressed. I have a tiny but good Yamaha THR5A electro-acoustic amp bought when I once had something similarly quiet acoustically that I foolishly sold. If they sound and feel good, and some settings on the amp would make the best of it anyway, it would be more pleasing than continuing with electric guitar & headphones as I just don't listen to or respond to electric guitar music much. I did see one lukewarm three star review on Thomann but that might have been written by someone who didn't use ideal amp, effects & headphones.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Traveler-Gui.../dp/B000OQI2CI

There are a few YouTube videos but I hardly ever see an ideal YouTube demo of any item, which would be very well recorded with subtle but effective reverb. I say this in case I've struck lucky here and someone has recorded with one of these guitars. Being left-handed it's not like half an hour's googling will find me a shop with one in stock a cheap train ride away and I have left behind my phase of trying things in shops I have no intention of buying there.

Otherwise it's likely I'll start enquiring with luthiers about fitting piezos to my strat.

Thanks.
Old 10-05-2015, 04:43 AM
Charter Member

I have their Speedster electric model. The neck is great, and the tone is surprisingly good. It takes a little while to get used to the tuners. They are very portable. They have a number of acoustic models. More info here: http://www.travelerguitar.com
Strandberg Boden Original 6
Eastman T185MX
G&L ASAT Classic USA Butterscotch Blonde
Rickenbacher Lap Steel
Voyage-Air VAD-2
Martin SW00-DB Machiche
1968 Guild F-112
Taylor 322e 12 Fret V Class
Old 10-05-2015, 09:13 PM

I have one. I am glad I have it, although I find it a bit awkward. I prefer my Go Guitar as a travel guitar. But sometimes I am unable to bring a guitar as a carry on because I am loaded down with camera gear. I can put the Traveler Ultralight into my checked bag.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion