The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-04-2015, 04:41 PM

Default Anyone know anything about a JLS Parlor?

I just recently got a nice little Parlor, an older JLS Trail Blazer, but can not find any information on it like the builder, or anything. Is there someone who might have some information about the builder, etc. It is a nice little player, needs some cleaning up, setting up, but sounds pretty nice. I have some pictures at http://i1006.photobucket.com/albums/...smcwchcck.jpeg .
Thanks in advance...Curly Bill
Old 10-05-2015, 03:48 PM

Default JLS Trail Blazer Parlor by United

Thanks Stephen Chipman from VintageParlorGuitars.com for helping identify the manufacturer of my little JLS Trail Blazer parlor. It is made by a company called United who took over parts of the old Oscar Schmidt factory in NJ and started producing budget line 12-frets that were marketed under many names during the late 1950s and 1960s. Although the company has long since closed, some of these budget models live on. A nice little player in my small collection to enjoy.
Old 11-08-2015, 03:30 PM

I just stumbled onto this post... I'm glad to hear, but not surprised, that Stephen Chipman helped you out!

I bought a vintage parlour [parlor] guitar from Stephen last spring (a Regal with a repurposed top and a new neck) and it is the nicest guitar I have ever owned. That is a personal thing, I realize, so - besides that - Stephen was a pleasure to work with throughout my whole search and purchase. I can't think of anyone more knowledgeable than he is about these guitars. And the level of professionalism AND personable attention he demonstrated is beyond anything I've experienced.

I would recommend Stephen without hesitation. Look him up. He knows what he's doing.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion