The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-13-2009, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy bookout View Post
There you go. Everything's going along nicely, everyone's playing well with each other, and then Howard has to bring up the Hatted One. Howard, Howard, Howard...

Jimmy
I never knew Howard didn't like hats...

Gibson A2Z (1924), KoAloha Concert, Petersen Bouzouki, Squier Tele
Too many humidifiers
Old 07-13-2009, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjes View Post
I never knew Howard didn't like hats...
I don't think Howard's issue is with hats, it's that Esteban has bought the entire PLANET'S supply of THE tonewood of the 21st century, Linden, leaving none for boutique luthiers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilia

Also, I think there is some petty deal regarding the amount of R&D budget the Hatted One has to spend which resulted in a HUGE breakthrough in fretboard material, that material being "Melamine", a flame retardant (thankfully) material also used in formica production (among other things). As a side note, China seems to be floating in the stuff.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melamine

Jimmy

PS. Sorry for the total highjack
Kremona Kiano
Ramsay Hauser
Cordoba C10
Chris Walsh Archtop
Gardiner Concert
Taylor Leo Kottke
Gretsch 6120
Pavan TP30
Aria A19c
Hsienmo MJ

Ukuleles:
Cocobolo 5 string Tenor
Kanilea K3 Koa
Kanilea K1 Walnut Tenor
Kala Super Tenor
Rebel Super Concert
Nehemiah Covey Tenor
Mainland Mahogany Tenor
Mainland Cedar/Rosewood Tenor
Old 07-13-2009, 04:04 PM

Find a really old mk??? guild classical. The best sounding but relatively inexpensive.
Old 07-13-2009, 04:52 PM

Right now I am leaning towards the Yamaha CG111C. I found a place with a really good price on it and asked a couple of other places if they can beat the price and they have. I love the two Yamaha steel strings that I have so I figure I can't go too wrong with one of their classicals for a starter. I am still looking though.
Alvarez RD20S12
Fender Telecaster
Ibanez AG-75
Martin 000X1AE
Cort Earth 70DE
Old 07-13-2009, 05:15 PM

I am also considering two La Patrie guitars. One is the Motif with solid cedar top and mahogany back and sides and the other is the Etude with solid cedar top and cherry back and sides. Any thoughts on the La Patrie series?
Alvarez RD20S12
Fender Telecaster
Ibanez AG-75
Martin 000X1AE
Cort Earth 70DE
Old 07-13-2009, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Right now I am leaning towards the Yamaha CG111C. I found a place with a really good price on it and asked a couple of other places if they can beat the price and they have. I love the two Yamaha steel strings that I have so I figure I can't go too wrong with one of their classicals for a starter. I am still looking though.
I'll be very interested in what you end up with. I'm considering on switching out my Lucida (great guitar) for a regular classical or crossover. I just don't need two Flamencos and I use my Yamaha CGX 171 SCF for plugged stuff in so I'll have to keep it. Another Yamaha would get my first look, too.

Gary
Yamaha NTX700
Recording King ROS-06
Greg Bennett OM 8CE
Yamaha CGX 171 SCF Flamenco
Ibanez AG95 DBS
Old 07-14-2009, 08:33 AM

Well, I ordered the Yamaha CG111C this morning. Should have it Thursday evening. Looking forward to getting it and trying my hand at learning to play some classical guitar.
Alvarez RD20S12
Fender Telecaster
Ibanez AG-75
Martin 000X1AE
Cort Earth 70DE
Old 07-14-2009, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy bookout View Post
I don't think Howard's issue is with hats, it's that Esteban has bought the entire PLANET'S supply of THE tonewood of the 21st century, Linden, leaving none for boutique luthiers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tilia

Also, I think there is some petty deal regarding the amount of R&D budget the Hatted One has to spend which resulted in a HUGE breakthrough in fretboard material, that material being "Melamine", a flame retardant (thankfully) material also used in formica production (among other things). As a side note, China seems to be floating in the stuff.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Melamine

Jimmy

PS. Sorry for the total highjack

Copyright © 2002 - 2008 JLS Chemical Inc., Pomona, California, United States of America, All rights reserved.
Jimmy buddy, check these guys out.....proudly flying the red, white, and blue. Let's fix the problems at home before pointing the finger.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion