The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-16-2016, 11:04 PM

I use an empty Fast Fret metal cylinder for my Jazz III's, each electric has a couple extras in the case but when I need to replenish I get the FF tin cylinder out of my gear case.

Acoustics, I use Graph Tech Tusq picks, and I keep one with the acoustic in the strings and an extra in the case. I've been using the same Tusq pic since around Christmas of 2012. Dang, I jinxed it, I'm probably going to lose that pick now.

I've also seen people use Altoids tins, and when I see the little plastic boxes to carry SD cards in, I think "Hey, that might be good for pics."

I also carry a Jazz III in my wallet, although in a pinch I find that I can use the point of my index finger, reinforced with my thumb as a pic.
Old 04-16-2016, 11:25 PM

I have a triangular plastic container with a nice tight lid, and I can't even remember what came in it. I think it was something musical, but I couldn't swear to it.
And geez I bet i've had that thing since the late 80's.
But now of course since you've made this thread, i'll be looking at every wood box I run across for the next 6 months.
Thanks a lot!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion