The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-17-2015, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigomusic View Post
It's not mine, but I came across this Breedlove beauty at the local guitar shop today. It's a Oregon Concert LTD. Myrtlewood back, sides and top. I was called in to take a few pictures to add it to the shop's website and I just couldn't resist posting a couple of pictures here. This one is going to make someone very happy as it sounds wonderful. Thought followers of this thread might enjoy a peek.

What does a Myrtlewood top sound like?
Old 08-17-2015, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by indigomusic View Post
It's not mine, but I came across this Breedlove beauty at the local guitar shop today. It's a Oregon Concert LTD. Myrtlewood back, sides and top. I was called in to take a few pictures to add it to the shop's website and I just couldn't resist posting a couple of pictures here. This one is going to make someone very happy as it sounds wonderful. Thought followers of this thread might enjoy a peek.

Looks amazing. As a former hog top owner, I have to wonder how this would sound ...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 08-17-2015, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BernebeM50 View Post
Here is my Breedlove Northwest Classic C25 with Myrtle b/s and Sitka Spruce top. It has a very balanced sound with good projection. She is also very easy to play with a super smooth neck. Please excuse the lousy pictures. I should take some more outside in some proper light.

Nice! I would love a cutaway model at some point.

Beautiful. Just beautiful.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
Old 08-17-2015, 07:43 PM

2009 Rvival Deluxe OM-M. This is such a wonderful guitar! My first Breedlove and such a pleasure to play.

Old 08-17-2015, 08:54 PM

This is my Breedlove Oregon Dread, bought from Elderly a few months ago.

Old 08-17-2015, 10:22 PM

my AC25/SR+

Had it since 2008. It is Korean built and with the exception of some sloppy glue smears inside it is flawless in fit and finish. I love it and it sounds great for it's price point but I do have a hard time playing fingerstyle on the cramped neck specs. kept humidified and babied in the case when not being played- the rosewood still smells fantastic!

Old 08-19-2015, 12:22 PM

Here's my Breedlove Oregon C20/SMye.

I was looking for a new acoustic, to use for Irish and other "traditional" and/or folk type music. I had played a bunch of different things before I came across first Breedlove and then the Oregon series. I had the opportunity to play a couple of different Oregon C20s (this was before they changed the branding to "Oregon Concert" - it's the same guitar by and large) and decided I really liked them.

Then I came across this one used on Craigslist. For $800. Steal of the year as far as I was concerned. The guy who was selling was a gigging musician who had bought it from the original owner, who was apparently a collector who's wife had bought it for him, and he ended up not wanting it. The guy I bought it from wanted something a little different and with an onboard tuner for his stage work. I went to meet the guy, and while it played beautifully it looked a little different than the other Oregons that I'd seen and played. It definitely has a darker, more orangey-reddish color to it than the other ones. In the end I decided it played so well and was priced so well I had to have it, so I did.

I ended up contacting Breedlove about it, and it turns out that my guitar was one of the very first ones that they made in October of 2012, back before they introduced the Oregon series at the NAMM show in January of 2013. They were apparently still experimenting with how much toner to use in the wood, and so they had one or two guitars turn out darker than they ended up with for the main production ones, and mine is one of those.

I have since decided that while I wouldn't complain about one of the more blonde ones, I really like the way mine looks, and I *love* the way it sounds. I don't know if it's because it's "played in," or the wood or construction was a little different early on, or that I've found the "right" strings for these (Elixir Phosphor Bronze lights) or whatever, but I've not found another one that sounds (to my biased ear, anyhow) quite the way mine does.
Old 08-19-2015, 12:25 PM

Sorry Flickr won't do anything but a link....guess I need to get a photobucket

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bartst...7645042035164/
Old 08-19-2015, 12:26 PM

Holy cow.... sorry about the huge pictures. Let me go fix that.
Old 08-20-2015, 12:13 AM

My 1993 Breedlove C-2, Sharp-Cut-a-Way out of Tree Mahogany and Bearclaw Sitka Top.
Old 08-21-2015, 10:21 AM

Wow, that's beautiful!
1992 Paulino Bernabe M-50
2005 Breedlove C-25 Northwest Classic
1968 Taurus model 56
2005 Dan Lankford 8 Course Renaissance Lute
old German Lute Guitar
1982 Yamaha G231 II
Old 08-24-2015, 11:08 PM

Noyce! My C20-SMYE limited edition may be close to that one in manufacture date as it was sold to the dealer at the NAMM show. The one I have sounds and plays a lot differently than other Oregon concerts I have played.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leatherstocking View Post
Here's my Breedlove Oregon C20/SMye.

I was looking for a new acoustic, to use for Irish and other "traditional" and/or folk type music. I had played a bunch of different things before I came across first Breedlove and then the Oregon series. I had the opportunity to play a couple of different Oregon C20s (this was before they changed the branding to "Oregon Concert" - it's the same guitar by and large) and decided I really liked them.

Then I came across this one used on Craigslist. For $800. Steal of the year as far as I was concerned. The guy who was selling was a gigging musician who had bought it from the original owner, who was apparently a collector who's wife had bought it for him, and he ended up not wanting it. The guy I bought it from wanted something a little different and with an onboard tuner for his stage work. I went to meet the guy, and while it played beautifully it looked a little different than the other Oregons that I'd seen and played. It definitely has a darker, more orangey-reddish color to it than the other ones. In the end I decided it played so well and was priced so well I had to have it, so I did.

I ended up contacting Breedlove about it, and it turns out that my guitar was one of the very first ones that they made in October of 2012, back before they introduced the Oregon series at the NAMM show in January of 2013. They were apparently still experimenting with how much toner to use in the wood, and so they had one or two guitars turn out darker than they ended up with for the main production ones, and mine is one of those.

I have since decided that while I wouldn't complain about one of the more blonde ones, I really like the way mine looks, and I *love* the way it sounds. I don't know if it's because it's "played in," or the wood or construction was a little different early on, or that I've found the "right" strings for these (Elixir Phosphor Bronze lights) or whatever, but I've not found another one that sounds (to my biased ear, anyhow) quite the way mine does.
Old 08-25-2015, 06:19 AM

My Oregon Concert

Old 08-25-2015, 07:33 PM

Breedloves!

Here's mine

GSmini Mahogany~Rainsong WS1000 Ser# 4641
Emerald X7~Pono Mango Tenor Ukelele
Cordoba Acero D10
Old 08-25-2015, 08:35 PM

My question might be worthy of its own thread; but does anyone know if Breedlove gives tours? I'm going to be in Oregon in a few weeks and would love to check out their digs.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Tags
breedlove