The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 07-24-2013, 01:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colins View Post
Would a single stereo jack and a stereo lead do the job?
No it would not as I will have 3 pickups.

I'm still planning on doing the DPA 4061, the Sunrise Mag, and the K&K Mini, but there's a little modification to this plan. The Sunrise Mag will be removable whenever I want to remove it. Yes, there will still be 2 holes, but I don't care about the aesthetics of having two holes. That isn't a big deal to me. The Sunrise Mag as it is built can be removed rather easily because of its "mini" line hookup that it has, meaning that all I have to do is reach in and unplug it. That will be ideal for times when I am unplugged and want better resonance.

Anyhow . . .

Still not a ton to update. I confirm that I will be doing the larger Meridian. Mike actually hasn't really put too much time into the new, larger Meridian yet due to Hieldsburg. He also told me that it will not just be "a larger Meridian," but a separate entity in of itself like a whole new guitar model type. That makes me rather excited to hear that he will be bringing his A game into the creation of the new model. I don't know about you guys, but, to me, Mike's best guitars are his larger ones. I think he does a great job with large-bodied guitars, so I am excited to hear how his up-and-coming monster sounds!

Mike and I will be touching base in September when he will finally help me choose some woods for my build. He apparently acquired quite a bit of Colorado Blue Spruce, so we will discuss whether or not that will be best for me in September as well.

For those who have Baraniks, how long does Mike typically take to build a guitar?
Old 07-24-2013, 03:12 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarlifter View Post
For those who have Baraniks, how long does Mike typically take to build a guitar?
Qualitatively, the wait for the build to start seems like forever but the build itself, while spread over weeks or months according to what else Mike has on, is a very enjoyable process that actually seems to go too quickly.

GL, we are having a Baranik gathering to coincide with Healsdsburg - 14th August. It would be great to see you there, and you can meet all of us Baranik guitar people face to face (As well as Mike, which may be more useful!). We have a thread at http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=303650

Col
Old 07-24-2013, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colins View Post
Qualitatively, the wait for the build to start seems like forever but the build itself, while spread over weeks or months according to what else Mike has on, is a very enjoyable process that actually seems to go too quickly.

GL, we are having a Baranik gathering to coincide with Healsdsburg - 14th August. It would be great to see you there, and you can meet all of us Baranik guitar people face to face (As well as Mike, which may be more useful!). We have a thread at http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...d.php?t=303650

Col
I'm afraid that would be too much of a hassle for me to attend. But thanks anyway.
Old 04-25-2014, 12:23 AM

Things have progressed little since I last updated this thread. However, there are some things to note. Due to recent health issues in my family, the build has been pushed back 6 months, making the due date around the end of the year or perhaps even the beginning of next year depending on when Mike will start building the guitar and how long it will take. Don't worry! Things are fine now. We just had a serious mold issue is all!

Furthermore, Mike has finally picked out an "excellent" set of African Blackwood for my guitar. He has told me that he will get me some pictures of it soon. As for the sound board, we've been going back and forth between going with Adirondack and Blue Spruce. We're going to be hitting the details much harder three months from now, so I'm sure that will be settled at that time. I'll make sure to post pictures when I can.

It's been almost two years since I started this thread, and things should FINALLY be starting to move in a few months from now. I can't wait to be the first owner of a Baranik lefty!

And yes, we are throwing around the idea of going with the "super meridian."

Get excited!
Old 04-26-2014, 11:46 AM
Charter Member

Jordan, can't wait to see this come together!

Omega Braz MJ, 2011 Omega MJ Braz Baritone
Ryan Cathedral ABW/Bosnian
Build thread: 2011 Kostal Mod D Brazilian/German
Build thread: 2019 Kostal MDW Brazilian/German
Build thread:2019 Bigfoot Mod D

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop