The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-09-2024, 03:01 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PineMarten View Post
I haven't tried a Blue Chip as yet, between my Hawk casein pick for mandolin and Wegens for guitar and cittern, I'm not sure what problem it would be solving for me when I've dialled in something that works for me with those. If I try another players BC pick at a session some time and like it, I wouldn't have a problem going for one. I'd feel a little daft spending the £40 (UK), but that passes! Though I do like the option of picks in lighter colours that don't disappear against a sofa, carpet or the ground in dim light.
Hi, The dull brown coloUr of BCs are the only downside.
Sadly it isn't an option as that's what Dupont makes and what Blue Chip Machining (the parent company) use for making bearings and gearings that have to be self lubricating, extremely hard wearing in extreme conditions - See : https://www.dupont.com/vespel.html
Old 04-09-2024, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br1ck View Post

I have never owned a Porsche. Me saying they aren't better than my Miata is just foolish. Maybe I'd sell my Porsche and buy a Miata, at which time I'd be entitled to say I like a Miata better.
It's got nothing to do with guitar picks, but since you brought up the example, I own a 33 year old Miata (we know it as an MX5) and my son has a Porsche. The Porsche is more refined and definitely faster but I much prefer driving my Miata. Its also much cheaper to run and maintain.
Old 04-09-2024, 06:45 AM
Charter Member

I like the Prime Tone picks. They are not really expensive either. I still have Tortex picks as well as GForce and others. I have a coffee cup full of picks in my music room.
Martin D-41
Martin 000-18

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion