The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 05-09-2024, 10:22 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
Thanks so much! If I can achieve that quality of look, which I believe I can, I’ll be confident and happy to tackle the fabric wrap as well. Bravo! The hinges is a great idea. I’ll do that for the gobos.

In case you read my overview how to post pics above, please read again because I added to it to be more clear.
Tom, I'm happy you're inspired by the outcome of my trial and error. I'm very pleased with the panels, but it's a good thing I don't try to make a living making them!

Also, thank you for the kindness in offering photo posting guidance. I must have left out a step or something, because once I'd uploaded one photo in a post, I couldn't upload a second photo. Or else I didn't know which button to push.

Also, who ever takes a photo under 1 MB? I had to reduce the size of every photo, and each time I forgot how I'd just done it. It's the idiot behind the wheel, not the car.

Anyways, I've been wanting to get these images up here for several weeks now, so I'm glad I got up the gumption to try.

Enjoy your build!
2019 Martin D-18, LR Baggs Element VTC
2021 Gibson 50s J-45 Original, LR Baggs Element VTC
Old 05-10-2024, 07:13 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acousticado View Post
Thanks Kev. Your design is rightly simple and certainly easier to construct and with non-flex sides, but heavier and more costly, though I’m not sure that either of those issues matter a whole lot to me. I intend to build 13 wall panels (to include corner bass and ceiling) and 3 gobo panels, where the gobos will be like your design for sure. Again, not that cost is really an issue, so I’m going to cost-out both approaches before making a final decision.
Either design will certainly work but I am guessing weight wise it is likely 6'es depending on what wood is used for the 4" wide frame section.

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2024.3 Sonoma 14.4
Old 05-10-2024, 07:19 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1j View Post
Full panel, back view:

Attachment 107740

It's unlikely I'll try to post photos here again. Just can't do it.
What I do is use Imgur (photo hosting service) it's free and pretty easy to use and you can either pre size from computer photo app or you can size them directly on the Imgur app and you can post multi photos at once

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2024.3 Sonoma 14.4

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD