The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 02-15-2024, 09:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jricc View Post
Stephen, they do look big, but they feel small. The depth is 4" and it feels like a 000. I don't play dreads, they are uncomfortable for me.
The SC feels like a smaller guitar
Agree....it's the guitar's depth that makes it so comfortable. It's extremely comfortable....same as my 000 Martin.
Old 02-25-2024, 10:37 AM

Got the shipping notification from Sweetwater on Friday, so I'll have my SC-28E in hand around the end of the month. Sweet!
Old 02-25-2024, 11:47 AM

I played one of the SC13s at Guitar Center one day and was very impressed with it. These all solid versions should be a hit.

While I'm not wild about the S-Shape, they have grown on me. I do like the new neck joint and think they sound remarkable. I would be more likely to purchase one of these than the Inception.
Old 02-25-2024, 05:37 PM
Charter Member

From the very first SC 13E, people were clamoring for a solid wood made in USA version. It will be popular. We seventy year olds who abhor anything designed after the D 35 are not Martin's, or any other company's avenue for growth. They have milked us for all they can. Want another D 18 variant, you'll get it. They know what we will buy, Authentics, and Custom deluxes to go with our 74 D 28s, or perhaps a 00 18s to go with our aging shoulders.

But there are a lot of under 40 types who are maybe tired of their MIM Taylors looking to move up now they have a few bucks. Martin needs to sell them three or four guitars in the next twenty years. Oh how I miss my Ford Crown Vic. Now that was a car.

They have no problem adapting to new stuff. They have a buying future. Really, how many standard series are they going to sell to me? nada, zip, and none.
2011 Santa Cruz D P/W
Pono OP 30 D parlor
Pono OP12-30
Pono MT uke
Goldtone Paul Beard squareneck resophonic
Fluke tenor ukulele
Boatload of home rolled telecasters

"Shut up and play ur guitar" Frank Zappa
Old 02-26-2024, 05:08 AM

Can't say until the LGS gets some in stock, I'm sure it's a useful design.
Old 02-26-2024, 11:34 AM

There was a very review of these by Alamo music recently (look it up on YouTube). They sounded very nice to me, of course Cooper is a fantastic player. I think trying something new is fine for any company, it may draw folks in who are looking for something different. They seem to be well made and the neck / heal design is cool looking to my eye. But that is just me...
Taylor GS Mini Mahogany
Yamaha AC1M
Yamaha FSX800C
Old 02-26-2024, 12:00 PM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sstaylor58 View Post
There was a very review of these by Alamo music recently (look it up on YouTube). They sounded very nice to me, of course Cooper is a fantastic player. I think trying something new is fine for any company, it may draw folks in who are looking for something different. They seem to be well made and the neck / heal design is cool looking to my eye. But that is just me...
100% agree.
Martin Guitar Certified Online Dealer
Martin Blueridge
Martins & More Podcast

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion