The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 03-14-2017, 03:47 PM
Guest4562

Quote:
Originally Posted by noledog View Post
Here's one of my fav originals on my fav git:
Thessalonia, on Martin D18...

Nice. Truly nice.
Old 03-14-2017, 04:02 PM

Good timing - just finished uploading a new song I wrote for my dog, Lucy.

I'm 55 and I've been playing for around 5 years. Not very talented as either a guitar player or singer but what heck do I care. Best thing about getting older is not giving a heck with others think of me.

Not much of a songwriter either, but wrote, played and sang with a lot of feeling.

Old 03-14-2017, 04:20 PM

for some reason. . . You asked!

From the Beginning on my GA3-12

f-d
Old 03-14-2017, 04:37 PM

Here's one when I was playing around with my GoPro a while back. It wouldn't be me without a couple of early screw-ups!

Last edited by lodi_55; 03-14-2017 at 04:43 PM.
Old 03-14-2017, 04:54 PM
Charter Member

I am 67. I offer two originals of mine that are a bit different from one another. The guitar is a Taylor 810.
The first song is just vocal and guitar and the second has acoustic guitar as the rhythm, then has some midi drums and bass I played into it via keyboard , and some additional acoustic guitar riffs with FX's sprinkled in .

The Question

Time Is

KevWind at Soundcloud

KevWind at YouYube
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...EZxkPKyieOTgRD

System :
Studio system Avid Carbon interface , PT Ultimate 2023.12 -Mid 2020 iMac 27" 3.8GHz 8-core i7 10th Gen ,, Ventura 13.2.1

Mobile MBP M1 Pro , PT Ultimate 2024.3 Sonoma 14.4

Last edited by KevWind; 03-14-2017 at 05:19 PM.
Old 03-14-2017, 05:08 PM

OK

This is from a jam in our basement - that is me as Santa Claus and my wife on bass. My guitar is a 1936 AJ -- I am playing fingerstyle, which is a bit odd but not unheard of. My friend Bill is playing his 1937 D-18.

Old 03-14-2017, 07:06 PM

Turned 54 last month. I really like my cole clark but hard to pick a fav. Not a big guitar show case but I like the song. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG4z7gBi2bQ
Old 03-14-2017, 07:19 PM

On Raglan Road - Cover

https://app.box.com/s/9s7qsps42l9cz0v9rkt1qnudln090zom

- by Luke Kelly, of The Dubliners, from a poem written by Irish poet Patrick Kavanagh. I'm 62 is a couple days.
Old 03-14-2017, 07:19 PM
Charter Member

Today, I bought an open box Zoom Q8 video camera at one of the three (or is it 4 now?) local Guitar Centers. My intention is to soon start making videos of my arrangements for solo guitar.

I got away from guitar for some time as I focused on piano. It took some time away from the guitar to sort of regroup and determine what it is I really want to do moving forward with the guitar. I had gotten off on a sort of tangent with chord melody and that started getting just to complex for the typical person who might listen to my playing, not to mention for me to keep track of.

What I am aiming for is the simple beauty that can be had from a simple but effective presentation of tunes on the guitar. There are a lot of fine, impressive fingerstyle players these days, but I am still attracted to solid, simple beauty. It takes some real digging to find that voice within us that can really express who we are in our music, rather than just "wiggling our fingers" to make memorized pieces come out. That is what I am aiming for.

I am revisiting things that I played years ago and finding my voice in that genre. There will be a point at which I feel I have something worth watching and/or listening to. At that point, I will be making good use of my new video camera. For the past several weeks, I have been sick and not had the energy to pursue this path. Today, I was able to get started, so I have a lot to look forward to.

Less time in the forums and more time with the guitar is how I intend to proceed. Since I didn't have much energy until now finally starting to recover, I spent much more time on forums and emailing than I might otherwise. I discovered this can be a bad habit and it does burn up a lot of what could be creative guitar time. So, it is time to shift focus and come back when I have something to say musically, which hopefully won't be too far down the road. I have the skills from years of playing many styles in various bands and some solo, so it is pretty much a matter of focusing this into the music I want to make.

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...
Old 03-14-2017, 08:44 PM

My take on "You've Been A Good Old Wagon"

Herrmann Weissenborn
Recording King RP-10
Recording King RG-35-SN Lapsteel
Maton 425 12-string
ESP 400 series telecaster
Eastman T485
Deering Americana Banjo
My Youtube
Old 03-14-2017, 11:58 PM
Guest316

OK I'll play, too --

I'll be 64 this month. Here's two, both original. Both are on the Gibson Hummingbird Pro.

#1, the Submarine Rag aka Damon's Rag. Unique to this song is it only uses one chord position (the Amaj7 or D7 triangle) on a number of spots up and down the neck to do 10 chords. There's also no flatpick.

#2, "No Way" a self-explained ballad of sorts.

Old 03-15-2017, 12:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbat View Post
I'm 64 in one week.

All old farts unite ! Thanks TBMan

I made a test of a Sigma all-mahog 000 2 years ago on my You Tube channel. I had just bought it, it was a simple riff just out of my mind, and it was badly recorded. Became my most viewed video. I thought it was a shame, but go figure.

So I made another take of the same tune, updated in a more palatable piece, on that same guitar (BTW a remarquable example of what asian industry is able. So much guitar for so low a price. It'll end up badly, I tell you) :

Wow, that is delightful. Thank you!
Old 03-15-2017, 02:43 AM

I really am impressed guys!
Old 03-15-2017, 03:45 AM

Here's one from me. I've been playing for just over five years now. Best decision I made was to pickup the guitar and learn. I never expected to be singing as well, that happened quite by accident.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRVNbhaFASM
Old 03-15-2017, 03:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Patrick View Post
...heres a Rickie Lee Jones tune i cover...recorded on an ipad...played on a Kay archtop...

...and heres a little ditty i wrote using a Santa Cruz OM/PW and an old Ky jumbo setup for lap slide

Easy money sounded great, would you have the tabs / arrangement you played to share? I'd be keen to learn it.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion