The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-28-2003, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by GSnyde

I like the word "yet" in that sentence.
Mr. Snyde - you beat me to the punch, but I picked out that little morsal too!!!
Old 01-28-2003, 02:58 PM

[big honkin' smileyface]

Guitars improve with age. The older I get, the more I like them.
----------------
I gots me ....
some Martins
some Santa Cruzes
some Goodalls
some T*****s
Some other stuff
Old 01-28-2003, 02:58 PM

I'd like to see a Taylor 12 fret dred with a slotted headstock or an archtop.

~S
Old 01-28-2003, 10:02 PM
Uncle Bob

We'd love to do a mando or archtop someday. That's why I say "yet." But currently we haven't even started any work at all on them.

Boy, there's so much to do.

On the GA NS, the dealers say, "Cool, let us know when they're available as a cutaway." So, there may be some hope for those in the future as well, but I'm all into trying to get the GC all the way there.

BT
Old 01-28-2003, 10:34 PM

Thanks, Uncle Bob. I can't tell you how much we appreciate your being a part of our unofficial Taylor forum.

We understand that you have more than enough to do, but the fact that you follow some of our discussions raises the respect we have for both Taylor Guitars and the TGF. (The love and respect we have for the instruments you build can hardly get any higher!)

cotten
Old 01-28-2003, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by martin82
I'd like a Taylor uke, please.
I had a dream recently that involved a
Taylor Ukelele. Sort of a baby Baby taylor with 4 nylon strings. That would be a cool thing to have.

Bruce
Old 01-29-2003, 01:03 PM
AGF Owner & Founder

Quote:
Originally posted by bob taylor
No mandolins or archtops yet. But we are working on a new bass to replace the AB series.
As much as I liked the original AB, it was too big and put out too little volume. I'd like to see a Taylor bass that is small and comfortable to hold, yet takes advantage of the new ES system to produce a good "plugged-in" acoustic bass sound. But if you can figure out how to pump a much louder bass sound out of a reasonably-sized acoustic bass, that would be great too. The problem with most all current acoustic basses is that once the guitarist strums a chord, the bass is gone..

Maybe in the meantime you could release an acoustic baritone guitar. Now that would be cool!

JR
Old 01-29-2003, 02:56 PM

Quote:
As much as I liked the original AB, it was too big and put out too little volume
JR - I completely agree. Whenever I play a Taylor AB...I can't hear myself above any noice in the room. IT LOOKS great, and I'm sure that plugged in, it sounds great as well...but with the new ES system, I bet a new bass would sound incredible.

No Taylors yet...
Martin 000C-16GTE Premium
Old 01-29-2003, 04:41 PM

I agree about the AB. I'm tall and long-waisted, and I still find the AB too large. Tacoma's Thunder Chief is a little more manageable, but not by much. Martin's acoustic bass guitars use their jumbo body and are just the right size. I'm no bass expert, but I played a B-1 and a B-15 at Buffalo Brothers a while back, and they were far more responsive than anything else in the store. This was especially true on the lower strings, where they had a fat, woody tone that reminded me more of a bass fiddle than an electric bass. Better still, they were relatively inexpensive.

I'm not about to tell Taylor what to do (well, not out loud, anyway ) but I think a 300 or 400 series jumbo bass would be very cool. Did someone say "305" or "405"?
Old 01-29-2003, 04:51 PM

I wonder if a five string bass would work acoustically.

They have 5 string uprights, why not a five string acoustic. I too think the AB was big, but maybe I'm weird, I liekd the looks of them.

It differentiated them from the rest of the line.

I dunno.

Go SPURS Go
Old 01-30-2003, 11:19 PM
O'Dadgad rules.

Default new taylor instruments?

hey uncle Bob! I had an idea few couple years ago, and only now am i trying to work on it. a friend of mine from my church here in lexington taught me to build electric guitars, and since then i've toyed with the idea of an amplified solidbody, like a Dave Matthews SST or something. But i didn't want an old quacker undersaddle so i decided to kind of play off of carvin guitars a bit. do a bolivian rosewood neck thru with ebony fingerboard (25.5" scale of course ) and birdseye maple wings with a western red top. instead of the usual quacker tho i'd wanna put in a fishman rare earth pickup. only now am i getting into the design phases After hearing about your new ES i'm wanting to put in your taylor soundhole pickup instead of the rare earth. just as soon as you've got it available i'll be pressing my local music stores to get it...Carls music and Willcutt guitars. I'm very excited about your new system and perhaps one day i'll have it in my '00 NT 310ce God bless Taylor Guitars and God bless Bob.
The Family
The Les Paul I built

My live rig:
Mogami Gold TRS
Rane AP13
Ultrasound AG-50DS2, Fishman Loudbox
Boss RC-50
PP2+

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion