The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 10-16-2010, 11:04 PM

Wall hanger, GLO "art"? (GLO=Guitar-Like-Object)

Musical tools?

At that price, pick one. You won't get both...
Old 06-13-2012, 03:17 PM

Default L@@k

I REALLY wanted to love this guy's stuff too.

I ordered a baritone ukulele from him about two weeks ago, and it arrived today. I am not a complete stranger to his instruments. I wanted this one because it was so 'sixties hippie' cute. In the recent past, I have purchased a soprano ukulele from him which is fine, and sounds good (after a few adjustments). I do agree with others that some of the inlays on his instruments are not of the standard I am used to (compared to my other instruments), but as I wait for Ebay's decision and Mr. Wei's response, I admit I am feeling a bit apprehensive and defensive about this.

Judging from the photos, and the fact that the uke was packaged extremely well, it is obvious to me that this instrument was DROPPED prior to packaging for shipment. You can see the impact marks on the edge of the lower bout which generate long cracks up and above the bridge, almost to the rosette. Also make note of the less-than-stellar quality of the wood. Yikes! I'm so disappointed. It's actually quite beautiful except for the damage, dammit.

Now, if the uke arrived in perfect condition, and I hated the instrument, I would pay for the return shipping (approximately $90.00 !!), but this baby was damaged right out of the box. Look here, and beware:

http://www.pbase.com/willa/image/144027046/original

You might have to use your cursor to navigate around the photo, or if the option is there, just click on a smaller viewing size. Thanks for letting me vent, too.

W.

Last edited by WillaMuse; 06-13-2012 at 03:27 PM.
Old 06-13-2012, 03:52 PM
Perennially Maladroit

someone's been rummaging in the dusty, old AGF archives again....
Old 06-13-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin A View Post
someone's been rummaging in the dusty, old AGF archives again....
HI Kevin...

Yes, digging up old threads often manifests when newbies join...

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion