The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification

Old 05-13-2024, 05:40 PM

Default EAE Elite Electeonics amplifier

Does anyone know anything about this manufacturer . I am buying the little
EAE A1-4 . What does this stuff compare to . I see they are US made.
Old 05-14-2024, 08:17 AM

I've yet to see much about their amplifiers on here, but their mixers get great reviews. My friend has an EAE Stompmix and it works great. Seems they make quality stuff.

Fingerstyle Guitar ~ Hammered Dulcimer ~ Clawhammer Banjo ~ Diatonic Harmonica ~ Anglo Concertina

Old 05-14-2024, 11:49 AM
Charter Member

EAE produces great products that are a bit "higher end" than most of the common brands. I've been very impressed with them. You can find everything you need to know a the link below.

https://www.eliteacoustics.com/
'18 Martin 000-17E "Willie"
‘23 Taylor AD12e-SB
'22 Taylor GTe Blacktop
'15 Martin 000X1AE

https://pandora.app.link/ysqc6ey22hb

Old 05-14-2024, 12:24 PM
Charter Member

I have two EAE D6-58 amps. Two because I liked the first one so much! Sometimes I’ve used the pair as my PA system.
It is high end (pricey) and made in the USA, which is a plus for me. I had a technical issue with one of them and EAE was extremely helpful in resolving it.
I have had at least 10 different ‘acoustic amps’ (my favorite oxymoron) including almost every one you hear discussed. Some of them were quite good. A few were disappointing, including a very expensive big-name one. I’ve had tower systems as well.
To my ears the EAE amp has the best sound by far for both the guitar and vocals of any I’ve tried. It’s easy on the ears, warm, clear and powerful.
‘Easy on the ears’ is the biggest issue for me. Some amps only sound better when you turn the volume down! Not so with the EAE.
This alone makes it the best acoustic amp by far. These other features are gravy on top: battery power; excellent 6 input mixer which is easy to use and powerful; high power (120 watts I think); and a 3-way speaker system which I believe contributes to the great sound. I got the optional wood paneling which adds character.
The mixer has eq, reverb, compressor, notch filter, and more. Easy to use.
If it’s affordable for you I can’t recommend it enough. I am not affiliated with the company, BTW.
Old 05-14-2024, 12:51 PM
Charter Member

I am in the "I have had a number of different systems and amps" camp. Of the stick systems, I've owned JBL, RCF, Turbosound, LD Systems/Maui, and HK Nano. I've gone back to the EAE (A4-8 MK2) and then a powered speaker when needed. To my ears, it just sounds and works the best.

Last edited by Brent Nelson; 05-14-2024 at 02:43 PM.
Old 05-14-2024, 01:39 PM

I have an A4-8 MK2, so analog eq and then the effects, 80w with and 8in speaker plus tweeter battery powered. The sound quality is beyond anything else I own, but that’s DBR12s and Presonus Sudio Monitors so not high end comparison. Great experiences with Elite Acoustics directly as well.
Old 05-15-2024, 12:16 AM

I have the D6-58 amp and agree with all the positive comments here - a great amp that more than fits the bill for my solo act.
Old 05-15-2024, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RussellHawaii View Post
I have two EAE D6-58 amps. Two because I liked the first one so much! Sometimes I’ve used the pair as my PA system.
I did something similar, but for the second amp for the stereo pair I got the A1-58, which is the same thing minus the digital mixer.

Having the two amps gives you a beautiful stereo system where you can pan inputs and make use of the built in stereo effects.

In a larger room you can put them in a front of house position and use the stereo aux send to run two monitor mixes.
Old 05-15-2024, 12:02 PM
Charter Member

Default EAE Elite Electeonics amplifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lkingston View Post
I did something similar, but for the second amp for the stereo pair I got the A1-58, which is the same thing minus the digital mixer.

Having the two amps gives you a beautiful stereo system where you can pan inputs and make use of the built in stereo effects.

In a larger room you can put them in a front of house position and use the stereo aux send to run two monitor mixes.

Smart! I read your EAE ‘review in the parallel thread ‘which amp?’ And I fully agree with it, as you can see by my rave review above.
I never knew about the logical naming system…thanks!

LMK if you’re ever in the neighborhood!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Acoustic Amplification