The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD

Old 05-09-2024, 12:54 PM
Charter Member

Default A bit different perspective...

Thanks to Emerald and McPherson for supplying their fine carbon fiber instruments, I have divested myself of the last of my wood acoustic instruments. I still have, and intend to keep, my small collection of wood archtops despite owning the Kestrel (my daily player).

Anyway, selling off all my wood acoustics has allowed me to spin off in an entirely different direction...electronic music since those guitars largely funded it. Here is but a small part of my new studio. You are looking at (from upper left to lower right): Novation Peak, Behringer 2600, 7" Samsung tablet (instruction videos and PDF manuals), Erica Synths Perkons HD-01, Vermona Perfourmer, and Squarp Hapax sequencer.

To the right of these pieces that you don't see in the pic are a Tascam Model 16 mixer and Arturia Keystep 37 midi keyboard controller. The idea with all of this is to have lots of different synths, samplers, etc, and set up just a couple of pieces at any one time. This makes for never ending variety with a constant array of new things to explore.

Ultimately, I intend to record synths and acoustic guitar together to merge all my musical interests. I am very fortunate to live in a metro area that has a very active and helpful electronic music community. This is a whole new direction for me and my approach is what is called "DAWless" since there are no computers involved. I have a range of sequencers and synthesizers and samplers, going from modular to semi-modular, analog to digital, and various "groove boxes". This is all for fun as in hobby", but since there are plenty of opportunities to perform live, the pieces in the pic are geared to do just that. In time, I am learning to use this stuff and to apply my knowledge of music theory and composition to make music that has melody, harmony, and forward motion inside song structure. As long as I am enjoying the journey, it will be fine as it takes time to develop the skill set.

Tony
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20240509_110610_Scaled.jpg (56.1 KB, 78 views)

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...
Old 05-09-2024, 06:09 PM

Looks like a fun journey!

Here’s hoping you will post a recording for us to enjoy every now and then.
Old 05-09-2024, 07:05 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueStarfish View Post
Looks like a fun journey!

Here’s hoping you will post a recording for us to enjoy every now and then.
Thanks. I am thinking of creating a youtube channel to put videos on, but that is a bit farther down the road while I get familiar with all the pieces I acquired and making music within their workflows.

Tony

"Alexa, where's my stuff?"
- Anxiously waiting...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > RECORD