The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 01-23-2024, 09:38 AM
AGF Sponsor

Default SCAM ALERT REDUX: This time they're going after Mass Street Music

Hello friends,

You might remember that a similar scam was perpetrated on us earlier this month. Someone (traced to Malaysia) has cloned the Mass Street Music website and created a phishing site, trying to trick people into buying instruments at unreal discounts. The site to avoid is called shopmassstreetmusic.shop (and we don't recommend that you visit it!)

Recommend everyone help out by reporting this site to the internet authorities. Here is a link to the WikiHow page that has very easy links for reporting: https://www.wikihow.com/Report-a-Website

When this happened to us, we were able to get the fraudulent site shut down by the end of the same day, and thankfully only one person gave them money in the meantime (he was able to get it reversed on his credit card)

Thanks for your help and be safe out there!

Acoustic Music Works
Guitars, Banjos, Mandolins & Good Company

A top dealer for Collings, Huss & Dalton, Kevin Kopp, Baleno Instruments, Eastman, Pisgah Banjos, OME and ODE Banjos, Northfield Mandolins, and more!

(412) 422-0710
www.acousticmusicworks.com

Friend us on Facebook!
Follow us on Twitter!
Check out our YouTube channel!
Old 01-23-2024, 09:41 AM

Thanks so much for the heads-up! I didn't realize these internet scammers were this bold. I've run up against eBay scammers working within eBay, but not like this.

Tommy
Old 01-23-2024, 09:43 AM
Charter Member

Apparently Elderly too... as "Elderlys."

Bourgeois DR-A / Bowerman "Working Man's" OM / Martin Custom D-18 (adi & flame) / Martin OM-21 / Northwood M70 MJ / 1970s Sigma DR-7 / Eastman E6D / Flatiron Signature A5 / Silverangel Econo A
(Call me Dan)
Old 01-23-2024, 10:12 AM
AGF Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by warfrat73 View Post
Apparently Elderly too... as "Elderlys."
Hadn't seen that one yet! Be sure to alert the shops when you see something like this.

Acoustic Music Works
Guitars, Banjos, Mandolins & Good Company

A top dealer for Collings, Huss & Dalton, Kevin Kopp, Baleno Instruments, Eastman, Pisgah Banjos, OME and ODE Banjos, Northfield Mandolins, and more!

(412) 422-0710
www.acousticmusicworks.com

Friend us on Facebook!
Follow us on Twitter!
Check out our YouTube channel!
Old 01-23-2024, 10:31 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMW View Post
Hadn't seen that one yet! Be sure to alert the shops when you see something like this.
It came up on MandolinCafe last week, I didn't see it myself... assume some folks let them know.

Bourgeois DR-A / Bowerman "Working Man's" OM / Martin Custom D-18 (adi & flame) / Martin OM-21 / Northwood M70 MJ / 1970s Sigma DR-7 / Eastman E6D / Flatiron Signature A5 / Silverangel Econo A
(Call me Dan)

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion