The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-28-2021, 08:40 AM
Charter Member

Default Blisstime rosewood bridge pins

On a whim I ordered these from Amazon for around $13. If they didn't fit my Avalon, which needed a new pin or two, I would just use them on something else. Rosewood with abalone centers.

Aria:

Celtic YouTube playlist

Nylon YouTube playlist

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Last edited by TBman; 07-07-2022 at 09:49 AM.
Old 08-28-2021, 09:45 AM
Charter Member

Those look really nice! By chance, do you know if these will fit a Furch G23 (yellow series)? I really don't care for the plastic ones that came on it. I sent them to Bob C for a bone set and Furch apparently uses non-standard size pins. Bob offered to make a custom set if I wanted. Would love to use these in place of the tortoise plastic originals. For the price, guess I could just order a set from Amazon and try them. Thanks!
Old 08-28-2021, 10:02 AM
Charter Member

I bought those pin a few years ago but sent them back because they smelled like fish. They are pretty though.
Old 08-28-2021, 10:03 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak2525 View Post
Those look really nice! By chance, do you know if these will fit a Furch G23 (yellow series)? I really don't care for the plastic ones that came on it. I sent them to Bob C for a bone set and Furch apparently uses non-standard size pins. Bob offered to make a custom set if I wanted. Would love to use these in place of the tortoise plastic originals. For the price, guess I could just order a set from Amazon and try them. Thanks!
I ordered Crosby ebony pins from Amazon for about the same price and used them in my Furch.

Aria:

Celtic YouTube playlist

Nylon YouTube playlist

My SoundCloud page

Old 08-28-2021, 10:07 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBman View Post
I ordered Crosby ebony pins from Amazon for about the same price and used them in my Furch.
Thanks for the info - I'll give them a try!
Old 08-28-2021, 11:57 AM

Barry, I think they look great. $13 is worth the try for sure and it worked out.
Old 08-28-2021, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak2525 View Post
If you need to reduce the pin size, I hear the easy way it to get the pin into a drill and then spin it while holding some sandpaper. I just got a really nice unbleached bone set labeled Vancetmat on amazon for $12 if you are going for bone. But I have used the blisstime ebony and rosewood pins and they are just fine. Don't buy the cheaper Disens ones, they are made of soft wood and splinter apart.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 08-28-2021, 01:17 PM
Charter Member

Here's the Crosby pins on my Furch Yellow. Total for both sets with tax was something like $26. Can't beat that. I got lucky that they fit as there was no way to order different sizes.

Aria:

Celtic YouTube playlist

Nylon YouTube playlist

My SoundCloud page

Last edited by TBman; 07-07-2022 at 09:49 AM.
Old 08-28-2021, 07:27 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcmars View Post
If you need to reduce the pin size, I hear the easy way it to get the pin into a drill and then spin it while holding some sandpaper. I just got a really nice unbleached bone set labeled Vancetmat on amazon for $12 if you are going for bone. But I have used the blisstime ebony and rosewood pins and they are just fine. Don't buy the cheaper Disens ones, they are made of soft wood and splinter apart.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately, too small is the problem I am having. I have refit both bone and wood pins in the past, as each guitar, even from the same manufacturer, usually needs some sanding to get a perfect fit. Furch, at least back in 2018, uses a non standard size bridge pin from the factory. I have some original sets from previous guitars that fit Taylor, Martin, & Collings, and they are all too small for the pin holes (way too loose). The plastic pins that came on it are .225 at the collar with a 3 degree taper and are not slotted thru the collar. The closest standard size pin is 4.2c (these are .223 at the collar but are 5 degree taper and unslotted). I ordered a set of the ebony ones that TBman suggested above, but looking at the measurements (.21 at collar), think they might be too small as well. Hey, they were only $13, so if they work, great. If not, the search continues. Really appreciate all the suggestions guys!
Old 08-28-2021, 07:30 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Here's the Crosby pins on my Furch Yellow. Total for both sets with tax was something like $26. Can't beat that. I got lucky that they fit as there was no way to order different sizes.
They look good!. I ordered a set, but based on the stated dimensions, think they might be too small. (see above post). Hey, for $13, it's worth the risk.

Thanks for your help!
Old 08-29-2021, 02:39 AM

+1 on a Simon & Patrick minI jumbo.

Quote:
Old 08-29-2021, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmccamey View Post
+1 on a Simon & Patrick minI jumbo.
I have a 2005 S&P MJ (Mini Jumbo) and it's a great guitar.
Old 09-06-2021, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dru Edwards View Post
I have a 2005 S&P MJ (Mini Jumbo) and it's a great guitar.
Yes sir. For a solid wood guitar, and at their price point, they are amazing!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion