The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 07-17-2018, 10:16 AM
Charter Member

Default Northwood guitars?

Do you have one and how do you like it?

Aria:

Celtic YouTube playlist

Nylon YouTube playlist

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Old 07-17-2018, 10:30 AM
G625 mistral-k

Barry,

I have a custom OOO Mahogany/Redwood deep body, shortscale, with Gotah 510's, and I love it. The neck is extremely comfortable. I ordered mine through Jon at Shoreline Music and he was excellent to work with during the build process as was John McQuarrie. John kept me updated with build pics and also working directly with me on customizing the guitar for me.

Before sending it out, Shoreline made a video and Brian does an excellent job of describing the guitar.

PM me if you need additional information or questions.

Last edited by Basalt Beach; 07-17-2018 at 03:11 PM.
Old 07-17-2018, 10:34 AM

Chat with Kenn Fox at Paramount Guitars. He probably knows as much about them as anyone.
Old 07-17-2018, 10:38 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basalt Beach View Post
Barry,

I have a customer OOO Mahogany/Redwood deep body, shortscale, with Gotah 510's, and I love it. The neck is extremely comfortable. I ordered mine through Jon at Shoreline Music and he was excellent to work with during the build process as was John McQuarrie. John kept me updated with build pics and also working directly with me on customizing the guitar for me.

Before sending it out, Shoreline made a video and Brian does an excellent job of describing the guitar.

Thanks. I'm looking at the Northwood M70-MJ and the Avalon A220C on Jon's website. I'm very interested in the Avalon, but the Northwood is causing GAS as well. I'm curious if there is any comparison between the two.

Aria:

Celtic YouTube playlist

Nylon YouTube playlist

My SoundCloud page

Avalon L-320C, Guild D-120, Martin D-16GT, McIlroy A20, Pellerin SJ CW

Cordobas - C5, Fusion 12 Orchestra, C12, Stage Traditional

Old 07-17-2018, 01:24 PM
G625 mistral-k

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMcKee View Post
Chat with Kenn Fox at Paramount Guitars. He probably knows as much about them as anyone.
Barry,

I can not offer you a comparison with the Avalon. I did play the M70 MJ prior to placing my order for a custom and due to a bad shoulder the M70 did not work for me, hence I went with a deep bodied OOO and I after discussing with John McQuarrie, I went with a redwood top.

Jon with Shoreline is also an excellent resource for regarding Northwood. As you probably already know, they have a numerous online videos of Northwood guitars.
Old 07-17-2018, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basalt Beach View Post
Barry,

I have a customer OOO Mahogany/Redwood deep body, shortscale, with Gotah 510's, and I love it. The neck is extremely comfortable. I ordered mine through Jon at Shoreline Music and he was excellent to work with during the build process as was John McQuarrie. John kept me updated with build pics and also working directly with me on customizing the guitar for me.

That's your guitar? Man I've watched that video dozens of times drooling over that guitar. I am envious. Your guitar is the one that got me to put a redwood guitar and a northwood on my wish list. Sorry for the interruption Barry. Good luck on your research of Northwood guitars. I've always liked the idea of a minijumbo northwood for an all around guitar but I've had a hard time finding one locally to try out.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion