The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 08-30-2016, 03:19 PM

Fuller's by a mile. And if they don't have one, they'll get you one ASAP.
Guitars: Martin 00-28; Martin Custom 00-28K; Martin 000-15M; Martin D-10; Martin D-41; Gibson 1939 L-00; Gibson L-00 Rosewood Studio; Gibson J-35; Fender Stratocaster, Telecaster Deluxe; Gibson Les Paul Junior. Others.
Old 08-30-2016, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruppster View Post
I guess I have no choice but to buy the guitar now...
Do any of us really have a choice?

Quote:
...BTW, I talked/online chatted with several different folks at MF. One said no problem, one said no and one offered me 8% off. Not really a big deal but it was time consuming and a bit frustrating. Plus, I was ready to pull the trigger.

Not knocking the big guys, have had good experiences with both, especially Sweetwater, but appreciate being able to talk to decision makers at smaller shops like <snip> and Ted at L.A. Guitars to cut through the bull.
Thanks for the kind words. Regarding online chat communication, I would point out that it will limit what a salesman can discuss. As long as you can print an email, or a screen grab of an online chat, that info can be considered advertisement, which is heavily regulated by the MAP policies of most manufacturers. Because of that, and because we don't want our price quotes used to beat up other dealers, we limit price discussions to phone conversations. Lots of younger customers have trouble with this, thinking they should be able to take care of everything on their smart phones, and they can, but they can do a lot better if they just take a minute to make a phone call.

Let us know when you get your new Gibson, and don't forget the photos.
Old 08-30-2016, 04:16 PM

I did not divulge the dealer I purchased the guitar from since I posted the details of the purchase on AGF and did not want them to get in any hot water with Gibson.

However, Lance at E.M. Shorts in Wichita said no problem so I wanted to give them their props. Lance wasn't aware of AGF and I suggested he check us out. We all have our own "go to" dealers on this forum. For me it's been Maury's, Shoreline and L.A. Guitars but there are others as well. Also, thanks to the AGF'ers who suggested them.

As I tell my wife, "AGF has saved me thousands and thousands of dollars!"
Ovation 1984 Collector's
Takamine FP317S New Yorker
Ibanez George Benson
Gibson 339
Gibson 2017 J45 Custom
Huss & Dalton CM sinker redwood
Emerald X20 Woody
Tom Anderson Crowdster Plus
Maton Nashville 808
Maton Messiah

Last edited by Ruppster; 08-30-2016 at 04:55 PM.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion