The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-20-2016, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by email4eric View Post
OP here --I don't know why you'd need to know ahead of time which foot you intend to elevate. There is a roundedness to the footprint of the foot rest that is either right or left footed but my understanding when I bought mine is that you could flip the steel plate over to make a righty into a lefty.
^This. I originally had the footplate oriented for right foot up, but shortly afterward switched my playing position to left foot up. Detaching the footplate, flipping it over to the opposite orientation, and then reattaching it using the same hardware is no problem.
Pisgah Woodchuck open back banjo
A few parts built Telecasters
Fender Thinline Cabronita Tele
Fessenden D10 Pedal steel
1954 National lap steel
George Boards Weissenborn clone
Old 06-20-2016, 10:05 PM
Charter Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by email4eric View Post
OP here -- I did end-up getting the foot rest way back when and use it, like it, and yes, would do it again. I elevate my right foot and the waist of the guitar sits on that elevated thigh. You also could elevate the left foot and play in a classical position -- sometimes I do that to mix it up.

I don't know why you'd need to know ahead of time which foot you intend to elevate. There is a roundedness to the footprint of the foot rest that is either right or left footed but my understanding when I bought mine is that you could flip the steel plate over to make a righty into a lefty.

I like that the foot plate is out forward from the foot ring such that your leg is more in a 90 deg position instead of bent back under you toward the ring. Feels much more ergonomically correct.

Makes a great chair greater!
Excellent!!! My Soundseat is in the budget for late next month- can't wait!

madhat.
Old 06-21-2016, 12:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Berger View Post
...I do have a sidebar question: I typically play in the 'western' position, but would like to try playing in the 'classical' position. For anyone who does this on the Soundseat, don't you find that the 'protruding' center piece of the seat gets in the way of the guitar in when holding it in the classical position?
It doesn't for me, though I tend to sit forward on the seat with my back straight, not slid all the way to the backrest, slightly hunched over.

cotten
Old 06-21-2016, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotten View Post
It doesn't for me, though I tend to sit forward on the seat with my back straight, not slid all the way to the backrest, slightly hunched over.

cotten
Thanks cotten

'More guitars than I need but not as many as I want.'
Old 06-21-2016, 08:48 AM
Charter Member

I play with left foot on ring and guitar sits on my left leg with the neck up. It positions me perfectly and comfortably. I use it that way everyday. The seat has gone past my expectations. I really thought I might have regretted the purchase but no regrets here.
Old 06-21-2016, 10:49 AM
Charter Member

We have 2 SoundSeats - one with the tallest/longest piston and a foot ring for the computer (had it several years now).

The other is my guitar chair with the shortest piston, and I play with a NeckUP (lift) so my feet are flat on the floor and my short chair has no ring. I have shorter than normal (by a couple inches) legs, so I always find rings intrusive when I'm playing (because of my guitar lift).

I would change neither.

Baby #1.1
Baby #1.2
Baby #02
Baby #03
Baby #04
Baby #05

Larry's songs...

…Just because you've argued someone into silence doesn't mean you have convinced them…
Old 06-29-2016, 06:48 AM

Default Soundseat

The soundseat was delivered to me yesterday. I notice immediate improvement in comfort, especially my lower back.

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 06-29-2016, 06:59 AM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtelander View Post
The soundseat was delivered to me yesterday. I notice immediate improvement in comfort, especially my lower back.

[IMG][/IMG]
Very nice and glad you are enjoying it! And, the music stand...beautiful! Love how it holds a place for glasses, too!
Old 06-29-2016, 01:21 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kh1967 View Post
Very nice and glad you are enjoying it! And, the music stand...beautiful! Love how it holds a place for glasses, too!
That is a great idea because every music stand I use seems too narrow, particularly when I want to leave 2 pages open, there is no room left for anything but a pencil.
Old 06-29-2016, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kh1967 View Post
The accessory shelf really comes in handy with room for tuner, capos, picks, glasses, etc.

I bought it online at this site http://www.misterstandman.com/modclas.htm

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion