The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-28-2002, 09:23 PM

Default help finding a case

ive posted several times about finding a case for the big baby. it seems that the 000 28 martin case would fit, based on several recommendations. where can i get a 000 28 case not made by martin for a reasonable price? seems like every store i go to dosent have anything but the 000 28 martin case. i dont want to pay that much for a case, but i desparately need one. taking my bb to gigs in a gig bag just dosent seem safe to me. please help me out on this.

thanks

matt
www.joeyjustsaidit.cjb.net
Old 04-28-2002, 09:28 PM
Charter Member

Matt-

FQMS has the Martin 000 500 series case for 169.95, and they have a TKL case which it says fits a "Grand concert" whatever that means to them, for 107.50...maybe call them and see if that case fits a Martin 000 model, and it should therefore fit your big baby. Good luck!
www.fqms.com

(Insert one line representation of cleverness here)
Old 04-28-2002, 10:13 PM

Peavey makes a case called a "Lite Hardshell" case (and, don't fret, only the luggage tag says "PEAVEY"). It has the exterior of a gig bag (cordura-type material, pockets, zipper closure, shoulder strap) but with the padding of a hardshell case. I have one of these for my Yairi, and will soon be getting one for my 314. While it's a dreadnaught size interior, it seems to accept the Grand Auditorium size nicely, and the guitar doesn't wiggle around when it's closed. It's perfect for me, as I only go to an occasional gig, and I'm not a big fan of the run-of -the-mill gig bags out there.

BUT - The Big Baby is 15/16th's of a regular size guitar. Because of that, I don't know that the guitar wouldn't move around once the case is closed. I just don't think the Big Baby has the proper body depth for this case.

Could be worth a look, though...

Steve

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion