The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 11-20-2012, 02:18 PM
Charter Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrankS View Post
Rick,

Sorry to hit a nerve with you but I did not mention any particular process. I simply gave the results of a scientific study that I conducted and was awarded a US Patent for the results. I have many patents and I am certain that at some point throughout the day that you encounter a product that I have had a hand in improving be it in your home, vehicle, or at the store. I am also not promoting those items either.

I am not one to stand by and let those with less knowledge stumble around. I speak up and present what I know and try to educate where I can. Hopefully my diverse posts on this and other threads and forums do just that. My post was about facts which you can choose to believe or to dismiss completely at your own free will but the accusation that I am only here peddling my products in this thread is off base and out of line. Just sayin.

Frank Sanns
This sounds like a BASF ad.

Anyway these vibration effects (via whatever devices) are temporary, other than breaking in a new guitar faster, and if that is not true than be afraid, be very afraid, of what kind of guitar player you buy a used guitar from.

"Reality is that which when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."

Woods hands pick by eye and ear
Made to one with pride and love
To be that we hold so dear
A voice from heavens above
Old 11-20-2012, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xuoham View Post

To me a poor man's tonerite seems more credible: other guitar sounds played in all chromatic keys + some extra low notes + sinusoidal wave sweeps (+ maybe your own voice begging "open up ! open up !")

The whole point is having an old pair of headphones and a guitar case that's a bit tight: put the two detached headphone cups on the top, make sure the case's lid gently pushes the cups when closing, et voilą ! The top really vibrates.

Run it day and night provided it bothers no one at night.

I did ... with no significant effect ... other than what i can see as placebo effect
sounds like the prime vibe to me!

play music!

2014 Martin 00015M
2009 Martin 0015M
2008 Martin HD28
2007 Martin 000-18GE
2006 Taylor 712
2006 Fender Parlor GDP100
1978 Fender F65
1968 Gibson B25-12N
Various Electrics
Old 11-20-2012, 04:24 PM

There is no objective way to compare if there has been an improvement. Yesterday I worked on learning a song and thought I had it sounding really sweet. Today I picked up the same guitar to play the same song and it just didn't sound the same to me. A lot of what we think about sound is in our minds and our perception, which can change even more than we know...

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion