The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 12-03-2011, 04:24 PM

Default Another Tonerite Testimonial

Just used the Tonerite on a brand new Art and Lutherie dread. Ran it about 5 days off an on. Result: guitar is significantly louder with more complex harmonic content and brighter in general. What's my non-scientific basis for this claim? When I purchased the guitar I went back and forth between two instruments. I choose the one I did because it had slightly better bass but in all other respects they sounded very similar. After the Tonerite treatment it took mine back to the store to compare to the other one I was looking at. The difference in volume and tone were apparent to both myself and the store employee.

In response to the agnostic physics geek below I compared the amount of vibration on the top I felt by playing a nice hard note on the low E to the vibration i felt from the Tonerite. Even on a hard struck note the vibration felt was much less that the Tonerite and I did not even have the Tonerite on its highest setting.

I rented the Tonerite from Jay Riling over on the Takamine forum. It was 10 bucks plus shipping for a week. Jay was great to deal with. His email is [email protected].
Old 12-03-2011, 04:31 PM

It's always good to hear information about this product from people who have used it. Glad you posted.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:05 PM
Charter Member

It is my belief that a Tonerite does indeed work, better on some guitars than on others. It is also my belief that the Tonerite doesn't give you anything that playing your guitar a lot cannot give you, but it does it more quickly. If you play very quietly, it might actually do more than your playing. To me, it is a product that has a certain application. If you want that application, then it is a good choice. Controversy over its use is baffling.

I'm happy that it worked for you and that you are pleased with the results. I think it's a decent product.
Old 12-04-2011, 12:35 PM

Tonerite works.. after 11 months of being frustrated and changing strings(sometimes after 3 days!) on my new 2010 Taylor 815ce.. I put the tonerite on it for 6 days.. The taylor sounds better in every way.. its amazing.. its open, louder , resonant..deeper ,,the midrange came up..its responsive with the lightest touch....its heaven to play..its my favorite guitar!
I also have a 25 year old hd-35 it was always way ahead louder than my 815ce..now its still louder but the taylor is not that far behind..

i need to add that i played the taylor every day since i purchased it 11 months ago.. i bring to work,, it get played at least 3 to 4 hours a day..

the transformation of this guitar was the tonerite!

maybe and aquarium pump will do the same thing..
maybe leaving it front of my stereo speaker all day will do the same thing..

the tonerite works great ..fits right on the bridge...its easy to use..quiet..

and now i dont care what kind of brand or strings are on it.. its sounds like heaven with any brand string on i put on it

I highly recommend it
Old 12-05-2011, 02:37 PM

Thanks for the info, I contacted Jay and will try Tonerite for a week soon. I've been resisting trying this for a long time, but my curiosity has finally won.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion