The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-25-2001, 03:54 AM

Smile Good Taylor dealers in NJ/NY area?

Hi all - I've decided to begin a quest to buy a Taylor guitar.

I thought I would ask you all if anyone can recommend some Taylor dealers in the area.
I live in Morristown, NJ which is about 45 minutes drive southwest of New York City. So I'm close enough to drive down to central jersey, but not all the way down to south jersey. Of course I'm close enough to NYC to check out stores there, but I'm not too willing to trek too far out there (far uptown or over to Long Island), unless there is some store I absolutely have to check out. (Like Mandolin Bros, if they sold Taylors)
Thanks all.

Ken
Old 04-25-2001, 04:36 PM

hey kenliu, i'm guessing your chinese too! I live in princeton so thats like 30 minutes away from you live.(you go to church? if so which church? I go to lead worship for PCC. Maybe we could jam together hehe) There are a couple guitar stores around here called farringtons and i think they sell taylors. Sam Ash also sells taylors. I don't know anywhere else that sells taylors in jersey. hope this helps
Old 04-25-2001, 06:33 PM

Yup, I'm Chinese. I am a worship leader at Chinese Christian Church of NJ in Parsippany, NJ. I've been to the Sam Ash in Edison - they had a really nice 410 there. I bought a Les Paul there not too long ago.

Ken
Old 04-25-2001, 08:55 PM

I think i know some people from your church. You going to hofstra this year? I am.
Old 04-26-2001, 12:32 PM

Hey - dapeegoo - I get it, that's a funny name!

Anyways, I didn't grow up in the area so I've never been to a Hofstra retreat. I'm probably too old now.

Ken
Old 04-26-2001, 01:10 PM

yeah dapeegoo aka big butt. Hofstra has a college and career congregation which is about 200-300 people, but the youth congregation is like 600!! i think there was someone in my small group that was from your church but i forget his name now hehe.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion