The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 11-09-2006, 12:11 AM

Default What to look for in used Tube amp?

Hi all,

Looking too buy a used all Tube amp that can do it all (er... try to do it all) jazz/acoustic/mostly clean electric. Probably going the combo amp route. What should I watch out for in terms of used Tube amps? ie. tube replacements... so on.

Looking at a Rivera Sedona 55 (1x12) right now. Although Please suggest anything else that may come to mind.

Thanks ahead
Old 11-09-2006, 12:28 PM

I think there's another thread that's asking for similar advice: http://www.acousticguitarforum.com/f...ad.php?t=88988

I've been paying close attention to the tube amp related threads of late 'cause I was also in the market for a used electric amp. Ended up buying a used Fender Champ 25SE for under 2 bills CDN. Noticeably better tone than the SS amp I was using before & handles pedals well.
You might also want to check out the Fender forum. I got a lot of used buying tips there as well. Cheers.
Tokai Love Rock
Old 11-09-2006, 04:18 PM

Thumbs up

The Gibson Goldtone line is nice, and sound great. Some older ones are manufactured by Trace Elliot from the UK, and the newer ones are Gibson made in the USA...
I have a little 15/30 watt single 12" that is smooth as silk when cranked.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars