The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop

Old 05-31-2024, 05:31 AM

Smile Just received my new Boucher

Hello all, this is my first posting so please excuse me if I don't do it right. I just received, yesterday, my brand new Boucher Special Built guitar. It is a model PS-SG-162-M which is a spruce top, maple body dreadnought.
However this model is made with very rare cuts of flamed maple and the top is a equally rare Master grade Adirondack spruce. I started working with Boucher on 1/15/24 to build this guitar and it took 4 1/2 months to put it together. This guitar is #14 of the special builds and when I ordered it there were only 3 pieces of wood left to make additional bodies. Boucher allowed me to be involved in every aspect of the build including picking out the actual wood to be used, the appointments, tuners, strap buttons etc. I did not want too much bling, and I chose to go without a pickup, just wanted to appreciate the beautiful rare wood it is crafted from, and the sound it creates.
It is absolutely beautiful and it sounds as as it looks. The wood is all natural and the craftsmanship is impeccable. It does not sound like my wife's Gibson Dove which is also made of spruce over maple. It has a perfectly balanced beautifully mellow tone with tons of overtones and exceptional sustain. The voice is very powerful but they say it will fully develop over the next 5 years.
This is my first truly custom built guitar and I feel honored to have been able to own such a beautiful piece of artwork. If you don't know about Boucher, I can attest they build beautiful guitars. Boucher only builds about 300 guitars per year, they harvest all their own Adirondack Spruce from their own forest which they also sell to the likes of Martin, Gibson, etc. The special flamed maple my guitar was built from was also harvested by them and set aside for a special build. For information on Boucher guitars I would suggest talking with Guillaume Da Sylva at (418) 259-2083 x101, he has all the answers.
Hopefully soon I will be receiving another Boucher model BG-252-M, I will let you know about that when it comes (it is also very special).
Thank you for putting up with me, I just had to share my wonderful experience, now I just need to learn to play the guitar.

Last edited by RayRieli; 05-31-2024 at 12:41 PM.
Old Yesterday, 01:31 PM
Charter Member

Without a picture, it doesn't exist.
Old Yesterday, 04:39 PM

I've had a Boucher since November, an SG-51 and love it. Have hardly been able to play my other guitars since then. Love you got a custom.
Old Yesterday, 05:13 PM
Charter Member

Welcome to to the forum and congratulations on the new Boucher. Great guitars
Boucher is one of the few guitars that I regret selling.
Rainsong H-WS1000N2T
Stonebridge OM33-SR DB
Stonebridge D22-SRA
Tacoma Papoose
Voyage Air VAD-2
1980 Fender Strat
A few Partscaster Strats
MIC 60s Classic Vib Strat
Old Today, 04:49 AM
Musical minimalist

Welcome to the forum from a fellow Michigander...

Enjoy that new guitar!!

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Custom Shop