The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 06-26-2022, 04:39 AM

Default Boss Rhythm Partner Issue

I have acquired a Boss Rhythm Partner which I use with a Boss dual foot pedal. The two pedals can be assigned to different functions. I use one pedal as an on/off switch and the other I want to use to create percussion accents. Currently I have it set up so that when I hit the second pedal I get a single splash cymbal note and for the most part that suits me well. There is a choice of over 40 percussion instruments which can be used in this way.

With a few songs I play I would prefer to replace the cymbal with, for example, a cow bell or wind chimes but as far as I can see it is a 6 step process to change the pedal assignment to a different percussion instrument and that includes turning the whole machine off an on again. That's not really something I want to be doing in a performance situation.

The kit can store 50 different rhythm patterns as favourites, which are fairly easy to select, and mostly I would use a different rhythm pattern for each song I play. I would have thought that the pedal assignment of a percussion instrument could be incorporated within a favourite rhythm so that when I select the rhythm for one of my songs the percussion pedal assignment automatically changes to cow bell or whatever.

Given that the Boss Rhythm Partner is relatively sophisticated in its functions, and for the most part quite intuitive, I feel I must have missed something somewhere.

So I am wondering if anyone else here uses this piece of kit and if so have they encountered the same problem? Is there a simple solution?

Many thanks

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion