The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars

Old 05-10-2024, 05:10 PM

Default NuGD Jazzbox!

I've never owned a jazz box. Being a Yamaha nut, I couldn't pass on this white/gold/Dimarzio MIJ Yamaha AES1500. Stay tuned for pics once I get a chance to take some decent pics.

Is it OK to play through an acoustic rig (LR BaggsVoiceprintDI) ? Or should I run it rhrough my electric rig?
Old 05-10-2024, 05:45 PM

I always liked the AES1500 - kinda thought of it as Yamaha's White Falcon - and I'd definitely run it through an electric amp...

Looking forward to the pics...
Old 05-10-2024, 08:18 PM
Charter Member

Nice guitar! Super congrats!

- Glenn
Old 05-10-2024, 08:21 PM

I put my usual strings on it. (D’Addario EJ21 for electric--I'm a singer and a strummer mostly). The setup was very close to where I like it. Just had to intonate the G string (probably to accommodate for the wound G). I ran it through my Yamaha MG10XU with distortion and it sounded KILLER! It cleans up nice too. Can't wait to try it through my electric pedalboard.
Pics link: https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...Dpb4J_KG-FXYTw
Old 05-10-2024, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YamahaGuy View Post
I put my usual strings on it. (D’Addario EJ21 for electric--I'm a singer and a strummer mostly)...
Didja ever try a set of D'A Chromes flatwounds: IME not only would they be a good match for the soapbar PU's, but they'll let you set the action far lower than rounds/half-rounds without buzzing - something all the '50s jazzers and rockabilly cats knew - and I think that's something you'll appreciate when that third set rolls around...
Old 05-10-2024, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve DeRosa View Post
Didja ever try a set of D'A Chromes flatwounds: IME not only would they be a good match for the soapbar PU's, but they'll let you set the action far lower than rounds/half-rounds without buzzing - something all the '50s jazzers and rockabilly cats knew - and I think that's something you'll appreciate when that third set rolls around...
I tried them once. This would be THE guitar to put them on. Next set of strings on it will be those. Thanks for the tip.
Old 05-11-2024, 07:39 AM
Charter Member

Congrats on a very, very nice guitar. It looks great.
Old 05-11-2024, 07:06 PM

Congratulations!
I have an orange one with the Bigsby. Love the DiMarzio soap bar sized humbuckers!
I think I have 11-49 plain D’Addarios on mine

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > Electric Guitars