The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion

Old 04-08-2024, 03:12 AM

Default Yamaha LL11e

I know there's a separate 'Yamaha love' thread on here, but I'm curious to know if anyone else has an LL11e as played by the late great Bert Jansch?

Mine is unforgivably under-used, but as a couple of others have just gone off to the alchemist for a bit of TLC, it's back on a guitar stand and knocking my socks off yet again...

I don't really like dreadnoughts as a body shape (apologies - I know that may be sacrilege in these parts...), but really the LL11e is more jumbo than dreadnought - it's a big guitar with a sound to match.

It's been in its case for a good couple of years, but straight away played like a dream, and seems to be waking up and sounding better with every play.

I know it's been said on here many times, but Yamaha do make amazing guitars, and if the LL11e was good enough for Bert...

Angus
Yamaha LL-11e (Bert)
Gibson Chet Atkins Studio Classic
Terry Pack SJRS
Harmony H173 Prismatone (Clawdia)
Harmony H174 (Clawdette)
Martin Sigma DR28H
Old 04-08-2024, 09:45 AM

The L series Yamaha guitars are worth finding.
I had an L-20A for over 30 years and loved it. I wore the guitar out and replaced it with a new LL-16D, another great Yamaha.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > General Acoustic Guitar and Amplification Discussion > General Acoustic Guitar Discussion